Are these markings legal?
luke

Post by luke »

is that a lil TE car??
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

That's what i first thought seeing if from a distance but its actually a computer store vehicle "rapid response"
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Hi jmmw,

It's a PC Guru??...mobile computer repair company.

I've seen that car myself and the markings in my opinion are intended to replicate a WAPOL Patrol vehicle.

I've been looking for that car myself as I want to take a pic of it and send it with a letter of complaint to the relevant authority. As luke has already stated...it's very misleading, especially for a member of the public who can't distingush the difference.

Did it still have the amber light on the roof?

I saw that red Protective Service Falcon when I was coming out of work this arvo on Leake St in Belmont.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

hey tom

no amber light however this was guru 3 so perhaps you saw one of the others.

Does anyone know if this is indeed against the law?

im quite sure i may have seen the red falcon you are talking about in heathcote as well. The vehicle i saw as a red sedan with checkered markings, however i was too far away to tell what any of the words said as it was night.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Just curious how its illegal and reason i say that is that i saw one of the swan transit station security wagons that had the police checkers down each side and across the rear (yes exactley the same) does that make it illegal too ?
luke

Post by luke »

just a wild guess, if it doesnt have police/sja or firey on it then i guess its ok to drive around with markings???
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Howdy MMW,

I didn't say it's illegal...just very questionable.

Secureforce..... :roll:

Is this the car your referring too?

Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Haha Daewoo Matiz! Imagine that in a pursuit - though it could probably fit down ally ways...
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

luke wrote:just a wild guess, if it doesnt have police/sja or firey on it then i guess its ok to drive around with markings???
I think the problem comes with it appearing as though your car is a police car, and we get down to the whole 'impersonating a public officer' thing. If people see the car, think it's a cop car but it's actually not, then it could be a problem.

Who knows the regs... could it even get a work order for the paint job?
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

The only reason i bring it up is because it has copied HWP markings almost perfectly
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

There are national markings for Police Vehicles, I believe it is an offence to mark a vehicle similar to a Police vehicle however I will do some research into this issue.

I guess in a positive light, if I saw that vehicle and was about to commit an offence I would probably think twice. At the end of the day, thats what Law Enforcement are out to achieve.

But it is Secureforce, they got a Defect Notice on one of their patrol vehicles for displaying red lights.....need we say more.
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
luke

Post by luke »

But it is Secureforce, they got a Defect Notice on one of their patrol vehicles for displaying red lights.....need we say more.

they got pull over?
yorky

Post by yorky »

I've seen the PC Guru car's before, and in fact they are one of my customers. If I see him I'll ask why he/the company has done it up in that fashion and that they can get done for it.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Hey tom,

It was a vz wagon with pursuit rims on it i shouldve taken a pic while i had the chance but forgot,

Totally understand where your coming from though tom.

Im sure the laws refer back to the words "ambulance police and fire" having them on your vehicle makes it "illegial" if your not allowed to have them as inregards to decals and markings id be surprised if there is anything that relates to them on your vehicle.

Ive seen a plumber with the old red/white reflective on his plumbing van front/rear and sides from a distance looks like an ambulance of some sort.

You can buy them from any signmaker if you ask.