http://www.itnews.com.au/news/police-fi ... ght-409486Productivity Commission floats using Telstra, Optus for public safety network.
Public safety agencies would be best served by commercial carriers when it comes to a national mobile capability for emergency services, the Productivity Commission has recommended, in a report that provoked a fierce backlash from police around the country.
News and information about the use of radio technology in commercial or industrial environments.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2598
- Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:33 pm
- Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
- Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'
- Location: Perth, Western Australia
- 150+ posts
- Posts: 201
- Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:23 pm
- Scanners and Receivers: Uniden EZI30XLT Scanner.
- Location: High Wycombe
There is a reason that we need that spectrum. In a state of emergency, that infrastructure gets overloaded, and goes down. We need to rely on our own gear.