Ambulance services other than St John

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Fire Chief

Re: Ambulance services other than St John

Post by Fire Chief »

Ive Fire Crewed at both the Drags and Speedway and Medic 1 has beeb there all times
Other guys on the Fire Crew there that crew regularly have stated mecic 1 has been manning the medical center and the Infield at the Speedway...Wanneroo Division members of VFAS also told me

I know the VFAS are down in numbers.....less than 500 vollies State Wide.Back in the Operations Branch we had near on 3000 vollies
Fire Chief

Post by Fire Chief »

g,

Advanced Life are no longer.They went into recievership well over 12 months ago.
What was left was purchased by Hostile Services and they hire out Industrial Paramedics,Fire Fighters,Ambulances,Fire Vehicles and First Aid Posts and rooms for the mining Industry.

Hostile Services currently supply Ambulances/staff to the WASCC for its Race Meets at Barbagallo Raceway

One of Advanced Life Vehicles has left next to there depot. and it was vandalised and after several months it was taken by the council and sold at action for $1 I believe.
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Fire Chief, just to make clear the others have been talking about Kwanana Motorplex, it seems your talking about Brabagallo raceway.

Could you just clear this up for us, and keep on the topic of the motorplex, i dont want peopel to start to argue about who does what where??, when they might not be talking about the same Where?? :shock:

Thanks mate
Amb510

Post by Amb510 »

As this thread is for "Ambulance Services" other than St Johns it would be fair to say that

ALAS: Gone into recievership 12 + months ago
AMS: Do some minor RFDS work and a wide variety of event medical services including Lark Hill races
MEDIC ONE: Event Medical Services across metro area,ambulance courses and such
First Intervention: Major provider for ambulance at equestrian events in W.A
National Patient Transport: Hollywood (DVA) provider and also now doing SCGH and KEMH patient transfers
MAS: Local fremantle transfers and event medical services.
WCA: Peel region only transfers and event medical services
Webset: Event Medical Services
MedicHands: Event Medical Services

That concludes our 101 on who does what basics.
SJANT
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SJANT »

Mr G

Seems like things have chagned since my days at Motorplex. No more VFAS vehicle in the middle for speedway and a Paramedic crew instead?? Same with drag strip, have a paramedic crew behind the start line (except on fast fridays)? Or is the the ambulance crew in the bay by the entrance to the speedway track we are talking about.

I should really come back for a bit and do some events again.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

SJANT wrote:Mr G

Seems like things have chagned since my days at Motorplex. No more VFAS vehicle in the middle for speedway and a Paramedic crew instead?? Same with drag strip, have a paramedic crew behind the start line (except on fast fridays)? Or is the the ambulance crew in the bay by the entrance to the speedway track we are talking about.

I should really come back for a bit and do some events again.

Hey SJANT - Yeah they have changed a fair bit...

SJA Paramedic Crew in the middle of Speedway now and for the Monster Trucks this weekend.

Fast Friday's the Paramedic crew is again in the middle of Speedway, and we have one of our vehicles, at the Start Line.

Gone are the days where SJA used to be outside the entrance gate of the Speedway...

During the National Drag Racing meets, such as Top Alcohol, Nitro Top Fuelers and Top Bikes - they have a SJA Paramedic Crew stationed at the finish line of the Quater Mile track (underneath a small tin shed) - if a car goes into the barrier, the safety team, open the safety barrier, and the Firies and SJA enter the track...

Would love to have you back :) - But this time, minus the Resus ;)

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
SJANT
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SJANT »

Pitty no more Rodeo in the middle for drags. Was a good night out usually. Oh well how times change. At least this time if I do come back and there is a resus I can do a bit more for the patient. No idea when I'm coming back to WA even to visit at this stage though. Have got leave next month but already have other things planned.
Fire Chief

Post by Fire Chief »

A011912

I am talking about the Motorplex
SJANT
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SJANT »

West Coast Ambulance Service gone bust and is being investigated by Fair Work Australia according to this website.

http://www.hotfrog.com.au/Companies/Wes ... -Ambulance

Court Dates allegedly set down too.