AMS discussion page

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Fire Chief

Re: AMS discussion page

Post by Fire Chief »

Just googled West Coast Ambulance...Nothing found have they gone bust?

I did find a group called Metroplitian Ambulance Service.They have 2 24 hour Ambulance depots and 2 extra day Ambulanve depots
SJANT
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SJANT »

Just had a look at their website and I think they need to hire someone else to do their IT/web design as there are a number of spelling mistakes throughout the page. Also hate them saying they'll provide a 'Paramedic' to events who holds an associate diploma. Can't wait for national registration and have the title paramedic become protected so not anyone can call themselves that. Just eats at me since I busted my ass to become a Paramedic with a state/territory ambulance service and then anyone can call themselves a paramedic.

I'm ranting so I'll stop there.
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

I agree SJANT. I always understood paramedics were the absolute cream of the crop, and it seems unfair that someone fresh out of an entry level training course can call themselves one. If someone gets a bad experience with a "paramedic" it casts a bad shine on the rest of you. Not saying that will happen but I reckon it has to be more likely if they have less training and less experience.
Fire Chief

Post by Fire Chief »

Medic Aid did the last Barbagallo Race Meeting......this group is made up of WA Ambulance Service Volunteers from Bindoon/Bullsbrook
SJANT
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SJANT »

Seems like there is 101 other ambulance/first aid providers now. Remember about 10 years ago it was SJA and ALAS and that was about it.
Fire Chief

Post by Fire Chief »

So very true...It was about 10 years ago when St John Ambulance Operations Branch ( Now VFAS) put there pricing up from a donation to $75 per first aid post and $7.50 p.h per first aider.Price has prob doubled since then.

Most of these extra groups are made up of St Johns Vollies weather Ambulance Service or VFAS

Medic Aid is made up of country St John Vollies from Bullsbrook,GinGin and Bindoon
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

Was that AMS at the V8s again ?????.
gcs of 3
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Looking at the videos of the Fireball on youtube i would say yes
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

PFO wrote:Was that AMS at the V8s again ?????.
Yes, there were a number of AMS ambulances and personnel at the V8 round.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Fire Chief

Post by Fire Chief »

Yes they were there......Roumor has it they refused to treat a patient at the end of the day on Sunday as they were only booked to 6pm.
SJANT
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SJANT »

Bless the rumour mill. Wasn't there so can't comment just love it how word gets around and chinese whispers for anything. Had a friend call me about 30 mins after submitting an application for a position and he was half way across on the other side of the country. No idea how he found out so quickly.
Fire Chief

Post by Fire Chief »

AMS are no longer doing Barbagallo.

St.Johns First Aid Vollies doing spectator area and WA Ambulance Service supplying 1 Ambulance for emergency transport only
SJANT
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SJANT »

Noted on a recent look at the Medic One page that they claim to be covering Motorplex as an annual contract. Thought this was lost to SJA? Also don't like the various photos on their site that come from other services e.g. AV, NHS in the UK are just a few that I saw.
Fire Chief

Post by Fire Chief »

Was there photos of them on there web site.....I just saw pics of plains.

St Johns VFAS are no longer doing spectator area at Barbagallo......They may do the spectator area for V8 next year
SJANT
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SJANT »

No pics of them at motorplex on their website that I could see.

http://www.medicone.com.au/events
That pic seems to be one of an NHS Ambulance Service Officer/Manager. Uniform is a dead give away and so is the changeable labels on the vest. In their course section the paramedic training pic is from Ambulance Victoria.

Being in the job it always makes me suspicious when companies use pics of other services rather than their own. No logos displayed so only people with a keen eye can usually spot other services uniforms.