Unmarked Police Vehicles

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Unmarked Police Vehicles

Post by donks »

richard omeara wrote:Seen a 4 door white Colarado unmarked in my street with 4 uniformed officers yesterday morning.Had a young kid with backpack in cuffs.

i was in that car... was that near maccas in tuart hill.. on North Beach Road? Vehicle was ZM406.

There would have been 2 female officers and 2 males...
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Thats the one.I live in North beach drive and was geting some maccas before the trip down to Busselton.Grabed me junk food and sat there in the old pajero.I take it your not the cute blonde female. :lol:
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

richard omeara wrote:Thats the one.I live in North beach drive and was geting some maccas before the trip down to Busselton.Grabed me junk food and sat there in the old pajero.I take it your not the cute blonde female. :lol:

haha nice one... I'VE BEEN SPRUNG! lol yeh i was not the blonde female..LOL .. like our parking? didnt get a chance to whack the blue light on the roof!

that young kid ruined out morning coffee dammit...
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
HPS

Post by HPS »

Has been interesting to read the observations of members, thought I would add some I have seen over the past few months (some of these are from "The Force" and others I have seen around town):

Green Pajero
Blue Ford Mondeo Sedan
Hilux Ute
Unmarked "Troopy" Landcruiser
Commodore Wagon with mags and a mat placed over the dash lights and radar (I think it was TEG)
I heard an unconfirmed rumour that they have a Golf GTI which is targetting illegal street racers
Volkswagen Paseo (not sure about this one although it had the tell tale yellow parking exemption on the dash outside Curtin House)

All of these vehicles were sans the usual aerials farms, except the Commodore Wagon.

I have also noticed a new radar in the dash of the "downgraded" TEG cars, it is in the centre of the dash rectangular in shape (the old one looked like a coke can next to the driver). Anyone know what it is?

All the best

HPS
VK6LD
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by VK6LD »

HPS wrote: I have also noticed a new radar in the dash of the "downgraded" TEG cars, it is in the centre of the dash rectangular in shape (the old one looked like a coke can next to the driver). Anyone know what it is?

HPS
Last edited by VK6LD on Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muppett

Post by muppett »

Saw unmarked dark brown ford territory this morning, with "cartoon" family sticker on rear window and also baby on board sign hanging up in rear window. Two officers, number plate partially seen, {REMOVED}. Railway Parade, Ashfield.
Knew it was unmarked, because they used lights to do uturn at stop sign, came back towards me, pulled off road again and then drove back the way they came, continuing to drive stop start along the way. very strange i thought.

Not sure if my bicycle strobe light caught their eye in rear view mirror hence original uturn.

but interesting car and markings.

ADMIN EDIT: It's WARSUG policy not to identify unmarked police cars with registration plate details, even partial ones.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

This is a new one! Holden Colorado 'ute' no canopy 'flying' down Manning Road. Certainly an interesting site, had to look twice before pulling over
I've closed the door!
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

Last night?
almo899

Post by almo899 »

I've seen all sorts of unmarked vehicles recently being used by WAPOL -

Ford Focus - blue
Holden Astra - black
Subaru Impreza - black, silver, white
Volkswagen Golf - grey, white
Volkswagen Jetta - silver
Toyota Camry - blue
Toyota Aurion - white

They were usually only obvious as a police vehicle from the visible aerials, LED lights or "police on duty" card.

Interesting to see the break away from the traditional Falcons & Commodores.

AL
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread. Spotted an unmarked White Dual Cab Hilux (looked like it was the model up from the 'WorkMate' Pack) driving priority down Stirling Highway this morning. Had slimline dash lights and also a rear parcel shelf deck light with the new blue led magnetic beacon on the roof. Caught me off guard.
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter
allycat
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden 536HP DMR,NXDN Uniden USDS100 DMR,NXDN Codan NGT

Post by allycat »

Seen 2 white subaru's ,1 white toyota personal carrier,and what looked like a black nissan navara with i think was TRG in.At rear of Malaga ice rink at midday today.Maybe something to do with Mc Donalds shooting.
Son Of The Phantom
Amateur callsign: Optimus
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden BearCat UBC355XLT

Post by Son Of The Phantom »

Today in Freo I saw forensics using a Renault Koleos, not what I expected to see.
Proud owner of ex-TE205 (VE2 SV6)
allycat
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by allycat »

Seen a Hyundai I30 today.Any one know what these are for.
allycat
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by allycat »

Not a very good pic.Unmarked Toyota Aurion.
TLD11

Post by TLD11 »

Saw 2 police standing on ladders inspecting inside the red light camera box at Leach & Bungaree this morning. They had an unmarked white VE wagon parked around the corner. Had red/blue dash/deck LED's front & rear aswell as 2 x amber LED mini bars (Magnetic) on the roof. All lights were activated. Unusual to see these 3 colours going all at once!