When a DBA Alarm is recorded as false

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

yorky

Re: When a DBA Alarm is recorded as false

Post by yorky »

That raises an interesting topic. Water usage.

Might as well tack onto this thread for now if anyone knows, what's the go with appliances filling up?

I take it hydrants tap into the normal water supply for pressure. Does Water Corp charge anything to FESA for constantly filling up at fires? I mean the water has to come from them usually right?
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Sgt Seedy

Post by Sgt Seedy »

not sure about a "water usage" fee...... but there is definitly no way of measuring the water that fesa actually use.

i know that hydrants are connected directly to mains water supply so its impossible to work out how many litres they would use on a job....

i also know that fesa use council hydrants off Bore systems as well... again no metres on those things either...
Magnus
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Magnus »

There is no usage fee charged to FESA,
Metered standpipes are issued to other organisations for purposes including dust suppression, road works, irrigation etc.

However, the cost of management of the fire hydrants is shared.

Water Corporation currently have an arrangement with FESA, where a 60/40 management cost structure is adopted for fire hydrants within fire districts.
Local Governments outside gazetted fire districts currently cover 100% of repair costs for fire hydrants.
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

When I worked over there for a private company with a fire fleet we came to arrangements with certain councils who would allow us to fill up the truck at certain hydrants on an honour system, if we'd been to a fire we could use the water, if it was training or water for other operational stuff a lot of them asked that we get our own water, which normally came from a farm dam.
Kempa

Post by Kempa »

all fire stations have a pillar fire hydrant out the back which they use to fill up the vehicles and run training and im under the impression that this is not metered.