Ambulance services other than St John

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

PFO
Banned

Re: Ambulance services other than St John

Post by PFO »

hey has anyone noticed that both the hostile and AMS webpage is gone?
gcs of 3
Amb510

Post by Amb510 »

Been swallowed up by another provider perhaps or a new webpage being developed :)
PFO
Banned

Post by PFO »

Their server must have been down cause its back up and running
gcs of 3
SJANT
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SJANT »

Anyone hear of West Coast Ambulance. They are advertising for people on the link below and say they are based in the southern suburbs. Is is Metropolitan Ambulance Service rebranded?????

http://www.seek.com.au/job/b-ambulance- ... 0938/18/1/
Amb510

Post by Amb510 »

Registered office is located in baldivis must be the next ALAS/AMS.
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

Just a question, I had a private ambo turn up to a guy who was off his head on various drugs and had been run over by a car. However the ambo was one-up and was unable to transport the guy. It was an event, but whats the point of paying em when they cant transport anyone? RLSSWA First-aid were much more help...
SJANT
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SJANT »

One up as in only one crew member or they already had a patient on board?
What event was this?
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

1 crew... a music festival
SJANT
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SJANT »

Maybe it was just one person in a response car and they were waiting for backup to transport??? From what you say i'm guessing royal life were providing first aid and then they called this lot to transport. I wouldn't think even a private service would provide just one person to cover a music festival
Amb510

Post by Amb510 »

singkenten wrote:Just a question, I had a private ambo turn up to a guy who was off his head on various drugs and had been run over by a car. However the ambo was one-up and was unable to transport the guy. It was an event, but whats the point of paying em when they cant transport anyone? RLSSWA First-aid were much more help...
You didnt really give much detail to be honest.

Private onsite ambulances for events generally DO not transport offsite unless they have an agreement with the event holder to do so.

You will find that most music events in the future will have RLSSWA and an ambulance provider working together as RLSSWA are restructing the first aid (Providing a first aid trailer etc) and you will see the RLSSWA ambos scrapped.

Generally speaking you should see a change in events were private ambulance/first aid services from different organisations will be working along side each other.
Fire Chief

Post by Fire Chief »

I see St.Johns Volunteer First Aid service got the boot from the Motorples,the first aid is now rum by Medic One
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Fire Chief wrote:I see St.Johns Volunteer First Aid service got the boot from the Motorples,the first aid is now rum by Medic One
Where did you "see" this Fire Chief?? One of our Moderators is a senior SJA VFAS at Motorplex and they haven't mentioned it.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
wizzard

Post by wizzard »

auntys_eyes wrote:
Fire Chief wrote:I see St.Johns Volunteer First Aid service got the boot from the Motorples,the first aid is now rum by Medic One
Where did you "see" this Fire Chief?? One of our Moderators is a senior SJA VFAS at Motorplex and they haven't mentioned it.
SJA VFAS still covers Motorplex. some events where the organisers hire out motorplex, have the option of hiring their own first aid/ambulance service.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Not sure where you got your information from Fire Chief.

But we at VFAS - STILL cover the Perth Motorplex at approximatley 90% of the time.

We are there Wednesday Nights (Drag Track Side) - to staff Whoop Ass Wednesday - and on the odd occasion that Speedway Practice is on they get Advance Life or who ever it is, in a Toyota Landcruiser (troopie) - to sit in the middle of Speedway.

Friday Nights (every month or so) - For Fast Friday, we have a Paramedic Crew situated in the middle of Speedway, and we'll have our own vehicle track side for the Drag Racing.

Saturdays - (National Drags) - Paramedic Crew x 1 - situated at the end of the Finish Line of the Drag Track - and 2 x VFAS on Foot at the start line.

Monster Trucks (this Saturday) - Paramedic Crew x 1 - inside Speedway and instead of our one usual location (Medical Centre) we will also have a Corporate Box as well as a "second medical facility"

As you can see - SJA both Career and Vollie FA - are still there.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Amb510

Post by Amb510 »

It is my understanding that in the not so distant future the W.A Health Department (Enviromental Section for Event/Public Event Management) is going to be holding a stake holders meeting for ALL ambulance/first aid providers in W.A.

To lay out some ground rules and regulations for all in relation to providing these services.