St John Ambulance

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

gkoutlis

Re: St John Ambulance

Post by gkoutlis »

Unknown incident - Perth Underground Station (Murray St and William St, Perth) - SJA Van 78 and Team Leader too - 13:55

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Just saw a friends FB status say he was being evacuated from central park
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

AO11912 wrote:Just saw a friends FB status say he was being evacuated from central park
Everything looks calm around CP... :) as I am in the building next to it.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

3 hours ago... lol
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

AO11912 wrote:Just saw a friends FB status say he was being evacuated from central park
Fire Drill...
I've closed the door!
Amb510

Post by Amb510 »

Hey i just saw on the news website that St Johns arent doing SouthBound :| and now the royal life saving mob are doing it ^^
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Amb510 wrote:Hey i just saw on the news website that St Johns arent doing SouthBound :| and now the royal life saving mob are doing it ^^
http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertainmen ... 5817692156

I know this will spark a debate - however I ask that we don't flamebait or criticise either of the Ambulance/First Aid providers regarding this.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Infernal

Post by Infernal »

gkoutlis wrote:
Amb510 wrote:Hey i just saw on the news website that St Johns arent doing SouthBound :| and now the royal life saving mob are doing it ^^

I know this will spark a debate - however I ask that we don't flamebait or criticise either of the Ambulance/First Aid providers regarding this.

G

If something goes wrong, and they require a ambulance service for emergency transport, they will call 000, and who will rock up, SJA

Despite royal life having red and blues on that thing they have, they are not an emergency ambulance service provider, and cannot operate on the roads on emergency ambulance conditions.
Amb510

Post by Amb510 »

gkoutlis wrote:

G
Understood G no flaming.

AO11912: Correct they still need to ring SJA regardless def a stupid decision to save a buck by the sounds off it RSLS charge WAY less than SJA seems like a simple money thing to me.

Im assuming that previously SJA had a paramedic crew on site + first aid division at southbound.

RSLS have 2 ex qld ambulances now i believe those long wheel based commodore utes (Over 10 years old mind you) with red/blues but still run first aid staff maybe a nurse or two.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Amb510 wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:

G
Understood G no flaming.

AO11912: Correct they still need to ring SJA regardless def a stupid decision to save a buck by the sounds off it RSLS charge WAY less than SJA seems like a simple money thing to me.

Im assuming that previously SJA had a paramedic crew on site + first aid division at southbound.

RSLS have 2 ex qld ambulances now i believe those long wheel based commodore utes (Over 10 years old mind you) with red/blues but still run first aid staff maybe a nurse or two.
From having been to almost all of the Southbound events with VFAS - there has never really been a Paramedic crew based with us. We've always had a good strong contingent up to 50 Volunteer First Aiders who make the treck to Busselton for the 3 day event - Even with those numbers providing First Aid - we still had at each location - swarms of people waiting to be seen - It gets so busy, so quickly - and alot of people who haven't seen this for them selves will be in for a shock.

I need to say though, that our back up - (our SJA Paramedic crews) always responded to us to give us a hand at the call of a number. It's rather sad to see that Event Organisers are gambelling with people's lives just to save a few hundred dollars. According to the above mentioned news article, we may have also lost the West Coast Blues n Roots Festival in March 2010. :roll:

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

At about 1240 today witnessed one of the team leaders and an ambulance push through traffic behind Landgate on a Priority 1, shortly after another ambulance got stuck behind traffic on Priority 1, had to turn the siren off as it was behind a truck. It then took off in the same direction as the others, toward Great Eastern Hwy.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Fire Chief

Post by Fire Chief »

Back when I was with the Brigade/Operationd Branch...now VOLUNTEER FIRST AID THEY CHARGED $150 PER FIRST AID POST/VEHICLE AND $7.50 PER PERSON OR FIRST AIDER PER HOUR

Ambulance service charged 1700 as a basic charge but had extra charges on it.....last year the ambulance service quoated over $3000 for 1 ambulance.
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

Any one have infomation on Morley 21 to-night thy got dispatch to a job in lockridge just out side my house

in attendence

Morley 21 (71)
HL 105 Ford Falcon ute with Cage
UQ 102 BA Falcon Orange Marking with Cage

HL 102 Was There VE Commoredore VLB Lighting as well but left few seonds later

And in the back-ground you could here More sirens
yorky

Post by yorky »

Eden Hill? Was most likely a car v house and I believe with this one the car took off from the scene.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

Awww kk nah this was on Altone Rd & Diana Crescent around 2.30am