AMS discussion page

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: AMS discussion page

Post by 4353 »

Sounds like a transfer from RFDS, i spotted one sunday going down St Georges Tce under lights n sirens, im assuming with patient in the back as i only saw the driver. It was the Merc anyways
RIP
search.again

Post by search.again »

Hi guys I have been away for a while went back east so missed the action of whats been happening. But when I got back in yesterday afternoon when I came in to perth I saw the AMS Ford Transit on a P1 going through the lights at William street. And as I saw it the light bar and setup look very familliar to Eastern states Ambo's (Sydney) and the siren sounds the same Do AMS source their AMBO's from EAST the only thing different was no Flashing Headlights somewhat totaly diferent to their MERCS with the white strobes that look FANTASTIC. I saw them last time i was in perth.
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

saw the ALAS/AMS ute the other day and noticed that it no longer says paramedic but just medic. Considering this is a privately owned vehicle (ex ALAS 2ic) has he been demoted or just found out lol
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

What is their website address?
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

dazla wrote:What is their website address?

www.advancedmedical.com.au/
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

search.again wrote:Hi guys I have been away for a while went back east so missed the action of whats been happening. But when I got back in yesterday afternoon when I came in to perth I saw the AMS Ford Transit on a P1 going through the lights at William street. And as I saw it the light bar and setup look very familliar to Eastern states Ambo's (Sydney) and the siren sounds the same Do AMS source their AMBO's from EAST the only thing different was no Flashing Headlights somewhat totaly diferent to their MERCS with the white strobes that look FANTASTIC. I saw them last time i was in perth.

In answer to that question yes they buy them from fowles auction group in NSW and just refit lights, sirens, switch panels and oxygen outlets. Most of the ambos going to auction now still have the ambulance fitout just some of the other items mentioned above have been removed.

I saw the AMS merc going under emergency conditions up the freeway leaving farrington rd about 3ish today.

I think Advanced Medical Service mustve bitten off more they can chew this weekend they were a no show at a community event my next door neighbour was involved in and they had already booked and prepaid them to turn up but pushing him in the right direction tried First Intervention who couldnt do it as already booked but Metro Ambulance Services manage to get a crew there mid morning to cover the community event.
RIP
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

I am new to this, are they just a reborn ALS?
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

dazla wrote:I am new to this, are they just a reborn ALS?
Yep they sure are.
G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Spotted the AMS ambo heading Priority One through the tunnel east bound just after 5ish driver had window down arm out, i was driving otherwise wouldve got a pic.

Was curious he was in the left lane i always thought it was better to be in the right or middle lanes on a P1 so the traffic could merge left and give way. Dont know where they were headed but i lost sight when they went past ascot.

I did see the MAS GMC get jammed up in traffic going on a P1 on thursday looked like it was going to charlies or maybe PMH just coming up to the round a bout at peak hour.
RIP
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Was at RPH and saw some AMS staff who had new badges "Emergency Medical Service" on there uniforms new company again ??? Spoke to some on sunday but had totally different badges on but stethescopes over the shoulder looked real pro ;)
RIP
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Saw them at the airport loading to head out on a NAT JET or COBHAM ???(who are they??? lol) flight to the islands
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

What islands ? Im guessing not rottnest lol

I hope AMS they use medically qualified staff for this one, they turned up at my partners workplace to take a patient and both were only occupational first aid officers taking a cardiac patient <..<

Are careflight still at the perth airport do you know ?
Last edited by 4353 on Mon May 18, 2009 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Yes careflight are at Perth airport.
Who uses medically qualified staff? Careflight? My best mate does some work for them, and I asked him the same question when he was doing a flight out. They have a Doctor and Nurse on board as well as an assistant who has a lot of medical experience. He's one of the assistants.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

Tyranus wrote:Yes careflight are at Perth airport.
Who uses medically qualified staff? Careflight? My best mate does some work for them, and I asked him the same question when he was doing a flight out. They have a Doctor and Nurse on board as well as an assistant who has a lot of medical experience. He's one of the assistants.
whats alot of medical experience, seems like a very broad term. ( no offence just curious)
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Army Paramedic with the Pilbara regiment, can't remember if he's done time in the back of an ambo or not, senior first aid trainer (yeah I know anyone with their cert 4 in training can get it but still), working out in the pilbara he's also done other medical "qualifications" if you like. He's permitted to administer various drugs provided he is with a doctor, or has one on the phone etc. I'm sure there's more he knows about that I don't know, but he's always my first aider in a rescue team.
That's just my mate mind you, I don't know about other flights when he's not up there.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.