advance life

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Millsy

advance life

Post by Millsy »

G'day All,

i was just wondering if anybody could track down the frequencies used by the private ambo service , Advanced life ambulance services . i have tried but yet to find anything . Cheers Guys !
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Advance Life uses mostly mobile telephones for their calls and communications

They only have one depot and one crew on so they dont really need radios.

The only radio they use actually rings like a telephone and you have to answer it, dont know what it is.

Cheers
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
Jaymes

Post by Jaymes »

bit of a 'tow truck'ambulance. not worth listening to any way
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

they get a fair few call outs mate... i know they turn out to all MVA's on a 1.
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Millsy wrote:they get a fair few call outs mate... i know they turn out to all MVA's on a 1.
Even if they aren't actually an "emergency service" in this state :wink: plus heard around the traps that qualifications are also a bit suspect :shock:

marto
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Um...........Drive=Senior First Air.........Attendant=Occupational First Aid.

SJA........Driver=Paramedic/Student........Attendant=Paramedic/Student.

I know who I would want attending to me :?
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

i would certainly like to kno where this info comes from dazla? :?
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

And in a time of emergancy .... when im down and out. ALAS rocking up, scooping me up, and speeding off under P1 to a hospital would be fine for me :) ...
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Millsy wrote:i would certainly like to kno where this info comes from dazla? :?
Be happy for you to clarify there qualifications :wink: Are most of them still newbies into the country? Does ALAS still have a high staff turnover?

Bugger getting paid by the job :shock:

marto.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Last year I watched their ambulance and a 4wd go flying past me on the wrong side of the road under lights and sirens, around a blind corner in the Wanneroo area.. not good!
madmikey

Post by madmikey »

I used to know the owner of ALAS he used to be an SJA paramedic but had enough of the BS, and know several people that currently work for ALAS, and i'd say prob 90% of people they have are all ex SJA paramedics who don;t agree or like the way SJA do things or treat people... I for one will always call ALAS over SJA anyday and even though I live some 50km away from their base I would still rather wait for ALAS over SJA provided it was non life threatening, and even then ALAS would prob still get there first... SJA is only interest in profit.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Well, I USED to work for Advance Life, I was a vollie Ambo with SJA, at the time there were NO, None, zip.......paramendics working on the road.

The highest qulified person was a Paramedic from South Africa, and guess where he is now.........SJA.

I worked for them from their Leeming Depot when they had the RFDS contract, at the time I had a senior First Aid and my partner....had an Occupational First Aid Certificate....wonder why they lost the contract??

I dont know any ex SJA paramedics that work for them. why would you leave SJA to get paid by the job, I got paid 20 bucks per job and if I didnt do a job in the shift...........I didnt get paid.

Allot of their staff want to work for SJA but either cant get in or work as Volunteers, mainly with the SJA First Aid Service not as Ambulance Officers.

Unfortunatly I have no confidence in them, this is not through rumors but personal experiances, driving ambulances where Sirens dont work, jobs are heard over a scanner and the list goes on.

Sorry Mills, but that just my two cents.
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
Jaymes

Post by Jaymes »

madmikey wrote:SJA is only interest in profit.
given that SJA is a not for profit organization (ie. they have charity status) and the WA State Government only pay for around 30% of their funding and the rest being gained from ambulance transports, lotteries commision, first aid training, etc, and all the money going back into the service (such as buying ambulnaces, replacing depots, training staff and paying staff) I would say they are far from a for profit organisation, especially if you take the time to read their annual report, you would find that they don't have cash reserves as profit
madmikey wrote: I for one will always call ALAS over SJA anyday and even though I live some 50km away from their base I would still rather wait for ALAS over SJA provided it was non life threatening, and even then ALAS would prob still get there first.
Thats a bit of any oxy moron, if you wont call SJA because ALAS are somehow superior, except if its life threatening, isnt that saying that SJA are better. Also the SJA average response time to every life thretening emergency in the Perth metropolitan area is under 9.95 minutes for the last financial year. Pretty good I would say and compared to other states, WA sits just in the middle. This info is also in the annual report.

There is a reason why ALAS do not have the contract to provide ambulance services to the state government.
Jaymes

Post by Jaymes »

dazla wrote:jobs are heard over a scanner and the list goes on.
well thats very illegal! Thats what I meant by 'tow truck'ambulance service.

I remember when ALAS used to come and get all of my Patients. I am now glad that their contract was terminated and we got SJAA back. At least we know that are all well qualified. Any dope off the street can get Occ First Aid for 600 bucks and 4 days. And these people are suppsoedly calling themselves EMT's.
madmikey

Post by madmikey »

jaymes, I was commenting that life threatening given my location from their base (some 50km away from my house).

ALAS can't get a chance cos of the gov. the government as is indicated pays for alot towards SJA, and will not do the same to ALAS to give them a chance to pay for full training and to get a chance for competition (look at telstra, same applies here for competition).