Paramedic Uniforms?

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Paramedic Uniforms?

Post by written_ficton »

Now this week has been hetic with no fewer than 6 major car crashes that I have come across within a few minutes of it actually happening.

Two have occured right outside my house...

What I am asking is why do some paramedics wear casual uniforms, I can understand that these white shirts can get messy in some instances but I am curious about the wearing of casual uniforms?

They do a terrific job though regardless if they wear a uniform or not.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

What sort of casual are we talking about?

If it is a Marone coloured T-shirt, its apart of their pay dispute - "Another Low Paid Paramedic" - Not all Para's were wearing these, but yeah have seen them around.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

gkoutlis wrote:What sort of casual are we talking about?

If it is a Marone coloured T-shirt, its apart of their pay dispute - "Another Low Paid Paramedic" - Not all Para's were wearing these, but yeah have seen them around.
Yes thats the one I've seen twice. I back off when they arrive, no point in getting involved they know what they are doing alot better than me!

Thanks G
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Yeah no worries mate glad to help... Some not all - have been wearing these T-Shirts showing the Public that our Para's are really getting paid crap when they have to deal with all sorts of nusance type people and being attacked etc... I say good on em.. Not sure if they will wear these anymore, as they said on the news, the Industrial action has finished????

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
AcesAP

Post by AcesAP »

Although the industrial action is "finished" as stated in the media, the maroon shirts will continue to be worn at this stage.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

AcesAP wrote:Although the industrial action is "finished" as stated in the media, the maroon shirts will continue to be worn at this stage.
Appreciate your input AcesAP

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

I think they look great !!!

Maybe if they wear a green polo top with "paramedic" on the back would look pretty smart.

I noticed when i was in nsw last week the mica guys wear just a dark blue polo top with Intensive care paramedic on the back and the ambo logo on the front.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

4353 wrote: mica guys wear just a dark blue polo top with Intensive care paramedic on the back and the ambo logo on the front.
I hope they where some sort of trousers too otherwise the police would have a field day :shock: :lol: sorry couldn't help myself, we all know what you mean :)
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

Tyranus wrote:
4353 wrote: mica guys wear just a dark blue polo top with Intensive care paramedic on the back and the ambo logo on the front.
I hope they where some sort of trousers too otherwise the police would have a field day :shock: :lol: sorry couldn't help myself, we all know what you mean :)
not being one to open up a can of worms lol, but perhaps with everything being so safety oriented ambos should be enforced to wear appropriate ppe to deal with the variety of scenarios that are thrust upon them. I must say that it has been on a very rare occasion that i have seen appropriate attire worn at the scene of an mva, ie safety glasses to aust standard, long sleeve , hard hats, etc etc. Firies have to.
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

[/quote]
I hope they where some sort of trousers too otherwise the police would have a field day :shock: :lol: sorry couldn't help myself, we all know what you mean :)[/quote]

:lol: pantless paramedics

I will say that w.a prob has some off the best looking female ambos compared to the otherstates though.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Paramedic Uniforms?

Post by woobla1 »

written_ficton wrote:Now this week has been hetic with no fewer than 6 major car crashes that I have come across within a few minutes of it actually happening.

What I am asking is why do some paramedics wear casual uniforms, I can understand that these white shirts can get messy in some instances but I am curious about the wearing of casual uniforms?

how do you see so many crashes? are you in the services or just unlucky? lol
CANT HEAR THE POLICE ANYMORE?
SEE THIS POST: http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4424
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Paramedic Uniforms?

Post by written_ficton »

woobla1 wrote:
written_ficton wrote:Now this week has been hetic with no fewer than 6 major car crashes that I have come across within a few minutes of it actually happening.

how do you see so many crashes? are you in the services or just unlucky? lol
Quite unlucky.....

I live close on a rather nasty black spot........

My job usually means I am on the road around certain suburbs during the day / night...
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

I saw one I haven't seen before last night... the maroon shirt but this one said across the back 'Another low paid Transport Officer'.

Are they fighting for the same wages as paramedics? I thought they were only skilled in basics for 'stable' patient transfers?
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Chicky wrote:I saw one I haven't seen before last night... the maroon shirt but this one said across the back 'Another low paid Transport Officer'.

Are they fighting for the same wages as paramedics? I thought they were only skilled in basics for 'stable' patient transfers?
It is across the board

Even Comms officers have the shirts, how ever they are not allowed to hold stop work meetings due to the staff shortage in the comms office
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Never seen a "low paid" patient transport officer shirt yet didnt know that all were looking for pay rises.

If you compare with the private sector

$18Hr Base Rate for PTOS + $22Hr for Attendants is standard.

I dont know what SJA PTO's get an hr but im sure someone can enlighten me.

I think that polo tops look neat and casual and give a new look.