Red Bull Air Race 2008

Aircraft, traffic control, air services

Moderators: Infernal, Nafenn, numloxx

jasonjag
Banned

Red Bull Air Race 2008

Post by jasonjag »

RED BULL AIR RACE STOCKHOLM CANCELLED
Red Bull Air Race regrets to announce that the race in Stockholm, scheduled for 5 & 6 July, will not take place.
A late change to the location of the race area in Stockholm impacted the Red Bull Air Race flight operations thus compromising the safety and quality of the race. Despite all efforts to ensure the race would go ahead, Red Bull Air Race has made the decision to withdraw the application.
Bernd Loidl, CEO of Red Bull Air Race GmbH, was quick to express his disappointment that the people of Stockholm will be denied the chance to see the most exciting motorsport in the world saying:
“Safety is paramount for an event of this scale and we are proud of our strong safety standards and track record of 33 successful races around the world. We really regret our decision to cancel the Stockholm race.â€
gkoutlis

Re: Red Bull Air Race 2008

Post by gkoutlis »

[quote="jasonjag"]RED BULL AIR RACE STOCKHOLM CANCELLED
Red Bull Air Race regrets to announce that the race in Stockholm, scheduled for 5 & 6 July, will not take place.
A late change to the location of the race area in Stockholm impacted the Red Bull Air Race flight operations thus compromising the safety and quality of the race. Despite all efforts to ensure the race would go ahead, Red Bull Air Race has made the decision to withdraw the application.
Bernd Loidl, CEO of Red Bull Air Race GmbH, was quick to express his disappointment that the people of Stockholm will be denied the chance to see the most exciting motorsport in the world saying:
“Safety is paramount for an event of this scale and we are proud of our strong safety standards and track record of 33 successful races around the world. We really regret our decision to cancel the Stockholm race.â€
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
jasonjag
Banned

Post by jasonjag »

That's pretty disappointing... - Wonder if that means Red Bull comes to Perth Earlier ??[/quote]

The web site does not indicate that Perth will be any earlier, looking at the Stockholm map, I can not see why the course was dangerous and cancelled ?

next is London, Budapest, Porto, Spain TBC, Perth 1st - 2nd of November.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Last edited by donks on Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
jasonjag
Banned

Red Bull 1st Series

Post by jasonjag »

Red Bull 1st Series, highlight replays at Abi-Dabhi, San Diago, Detroit, Rotterdam (re sheduled last week) with London 2-3 August 2008 on Ch 9 at 1330 sunday.
Night_Ryder
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Night_Ryder »

The web site does not indicate that Perth will be any earlier, looking at the Stockholm map, I can not see why the course was dangerous and cancelled ?
They would have been heaps of reasons why it wasnt safe, most likely it could have been airspace restrictions or the separation between the crowd and the aircraft was not within safety guidelines. Who knows.
ADMIN NOTE: Account details transferred to "Reevesy"
jasonjag
Banned

Red Bull air race preview for our lucky chief-of-staff

Post by jasonjag »

Red Bull air race preview for our lucky chief-of-staff
October 04, 2008 10:00am
http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... rrer=email
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

They have posted the race track, its very similar to the track from last year, but there is no quad.

http://www.redbullairrace.com/races.php ... =4&lang=en#
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Nafenn wrote:They have posted the race track, its very similar to the track from last year, but there is no quad.

http://www.redbullairrace.com/races.php ... =4&lang=en#
Cheers, thanks for the update.

From the RBAR website, here's the "enlarged" versions of the racetrack and area maps:

Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
jasonjag
Banned

Red Bull Race Frequencies

Post by jasonjag »

I tried to find out what the RBAR frequencies would be and this is copy of the reply....jj

Hi John

I have spoken to the RBAR Aviation Dept regarding your enquiry. Unfortunately they do not give out any aviation frequencies to people other than RBAR operational personnel - even CASA are not issued with these frequencies. Whilst they understand a number of interested people just want to “listen inâ€
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

I agree with Jo's statement
AVBFS
Scanners and Receivers: UBCT9

Post by AVBFS »

I agree with Jo to. its to risky to let ppl know it sucks but thats what it has come to these days because of the idiots out there :(
:mrgreen:
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

written_ficton wrote:I agree with Jo's statement
Really?

In what way does it "open the airwaves to interference and potential chatter" when someone is merely "listening in"?

Listening is a passive activity that, the last time I checked, causes absolutely no interference.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
AVBFS
Scanners and Receivers: UBCT9

Post by AVBFS »

Zebedee wrote:
written_ficton wrote:I agree with Jo's statement
Really?

In what way does it "open the airwaves to ijnterference and potential chatter" when someone is merely "listening in"?

Listening is a passive activity that, the last time I checked, causes absolutely no interference.
yer but think about it if we in here find out the freqs then they go on the forum which allows people access to the freqs not meaning us the one that dont do stupid things but all the other idiots that mite and that means a risk to safety at the race so its best not to release them at all. and besides we can just search for them on the day.
:mrgreen:
robbage
Amateur callsign: VK6UFO_VK6RN
Scanners and Receivers:  
Scanners/receivers
Diamond Welz WS1000 wideband handheld
Radioshack Pro 28 handheld
Uniden UBC72XLT handheld
Uniden UBC73XLT handheld
Uniden UBC330CRS desktop

Two-way
Yaesu VX-3R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wideband RX handheld
Yaesu FT-1802M 2m Ham TRX mobile x 2
Yaesu FT-7800R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-208H 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-706MKIIG all-band all-mode Ham TRX mobile
Icom IC-V85 2m VHF Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-679P VHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-713 UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld

Post by robbage »

AVBFS wrote:yer but think about it if we in here find out the freqs then they go on the forum which allows people access to the freqs not meaning us the one that dont do stupid things but all the other idiots that mite and that means a risk to safety at the race so its best not to release them at all. and besides we can just search for them on the day.
Same with all air freqs. In fact we shouldn't post any freqs for anything on WARSUG for the same reason...
Rob
OF78WD
 Amateur moderator
Arguing with a fool proves there are two