Vertical Rescue

WA Department of Fire and Emergency Services (6AR and 6IP) (Including the Fire Services, SES & VMRS) and Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions

Moderator: bogged

philby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Vertical Rescue

Post by philby »

does anyone know who does the vertical rescues in perth. Is it the USAR team or another group?
AVBFS
Scanners and Receivers: UBCT9

Post by AVBFS »

perth station has a line rescue crew based at the station but i dont think its usar just people from perth 1st 2nd n 3rd
:mrgreen:
Nick
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Nick »

SES (selected units) are also a combat authority for Vertical Rescue. The question is scenario specific. SES train Cliff/Cave rescue . FRS confined space and Line rescue.
When the new Vertical/Line Rescue TRK comes out there may be a closer algnment however FRS will always have Confined space.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Theere is 1 nth and 1 south FRS brigade set up for confined space.

Success is the south brigade and i think joondalup may be the nth.
RubberDucky
Banned

Post by RubberDucky »

I have been told that we must conduct our own confined space rescues. Part of the entry permit being issued requires a rescue plan and just writing 'ring 000' does not constitute a rescue plan. Further, we were instructed that if we ever needed to call them out in the case of a rescue then they come out and will only assist rather than take the lead role in a confined space rescue.
"Quack Quack" Rubber Ducky - Sesame Street
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

bomber wrote:Success is the south brigade and i think joondalup may be the nth.
Confirmed correct.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

RubberDucky wrote:I have been told that we must conduct our own confined space rescues. Part of the entry permit being issued requires a rescue plan and just writing 'ring 000' does not constitute a rescue plan. Further, we were instructed that if we ever needed to call them out in the case of a rescue then they come out and will only assist rather than take the lead role in a confined space rescue.
It will depend on the rescue, and who's doing it.
I presume when you're meaning entry permits this is for work?? It is better to have some sort of action plan as it may take a while for a BRT to arrive hence having something more than "ring 000". I'd expect them to take charge of the rescue unless there was someone else suitably qualified already on site. I.e. if SES is on site, unless the rescue is in USAR Cat 2 classified conditions.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Is that what Perth LRV is used for? the White 4WD thats at Perth station?
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Perth LRV would be called if a window washer for example got stuck on the side of the bank west building and required rescuing. Because the CLP can only get so high.
SES personell would be called if a rock climber ran into difficulties while climbing in a quarry.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Thanks for that Tyranus - Makes sense...
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Vertical Rescue

Post by nachoman »

Saw a smaller pump-style DFES truck with 'Vertical Rescue' on the rear on Wellington St Perth tonight, new appliance ?
Buddy4562
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Buddy4562 »

nachoman wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:16 pm Saw a smaller pump-style DFES truck with 'Vertical Rescue' on the rear on Wellington St Perth tonight, new appliance ?
I don't believe it is a new appliance as I've heard them on the scanner a few times over the past few years and I saw it last year some time. Someone else might know exactly how old it is.
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

LRV was called to a Vertical rescue Mundaring Weir Road the other day, from the radio coms, it was Perth 2nd and the LRV in a convoy.
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »