Ambulance 'Marks'

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

auntys_eyes

Ambulance 'Marks'

Post by auntys_eyes »

A question for any ambulance aficionados.

Can anyone tell me if the new/curent model of Mercedes ambulances have a particular 'Mark' number (eg Mk III, Mk IV, Mk V, Mk VI)?

I distinctly remember the old Ford 'F' series ambulances having been given a 'Mark' by Paull & Warner. It was painted on the back of the body in the bottom left corner and said "Body by Paull & Warner Mark **" and had the 'Made in WA" logo.

If my memory serves me correct the last batch of Ford 'F' series were Mk IV (black grille and white wheel rims) and Mk IVa (chrome grille and chrome wheel rims).

When SJA moved to the Mercedes, did Paull & Warner continue to give a 'Mark' to each version of their fit-out? And if so, are we up to the 3rd version of Mercedes fit-out and what 'Mark' is it?

Finally, if the Mercedes' do have a 'Mark' version, is it written on the vehicle and where?
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Yes they are still "mark.."

The new Merc is a Mark VI but it is no longer marked on the vans, infact Paull & Warner no longer do the deco - can't think of the new companies name off the top of my head but they were in Welshpool.
Formally ZO100, now KG100 :D
ubc 72xlt...ubc 60xlt...uh015sx
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Btw, The latest Merc is the 4th model but the first three were all the same in the back and therefore all Mark V.
I Think the first Merc with the little mirrors and baseball cap lighting had "Mark V" written on the back door somewhere too.
Formally ZO100, now KG100 :D
ubc 72xlt...ubc 60xlt...uh015sx
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Thanks for that marto. Cheers :)
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

You'll find that its also Jason Signs that also do the paint work/stripes for some of these vehicles too ;o)
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

gkoutlis wrote:You'll find that its also Jason Signs that also do the paint work/stripes for some of these vehicles too ;o)
As mentioned in a previous post Jason Sign Manufacturers do the FESA striping too.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

WPXZBP wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:You'll find that its also Jason Signs that also do the paint work/stripes for some of these vehicles too ;o)
As mentioned in a previous post Jason Sign Manufacturers do the FESA striping too.
:oops: sorry - didnt see that
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

The latest SJAA ambulance, with LED lights and Yellow livery is MARK VI (six)
FireOps_Perth

Post by FireOps_Perth »

As mentioned above, Mark 6.

Paull & Warner
Strength in Reliability
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Cheers for the pic of a Mk 6
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member