advance life

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

musketeer

100 pages

Post by musketeer »

Hey you guys filled those in with #^*t!
Kyle was alive and well as far as I know, unusual not to post though, lol :roll:
I think we need a new topic.........................................
How about a professional standard of ambulance officers Australia wide. One that requires at least three years uni study before you can call yourself a paramedic! Not like swsrn(someone who shall remain nameless) who calls himself a paramedic and can't even pass a wheeties style MO degree!! :oops:
How about it? Lift the game in WA to a standard similar to Vic
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Its already in the pipeline check out another thread ACAPS is doing that already. If the union pulls off there turn the service into government run alot of things will change.

He couldnt even pass the cert iv ive been told im surprised they just didnt pay MO for him to have a degree, and MO paramedic degree well its a $10,000 cash cow for them. All home based training a few weeks in a class room a $10 printed certificate at the end...profit margin wow id hate to think.

And young kyle has an interview with a new provider so he is studying etc he wont be using the other as a reference so he gets the last laugh :)
musketeer

ACAP

Post by musketeer »

Yes I know ACAP has been collecting suggestions from members for some time, just wondered what the "guru's " here thought. Yes BIG cash cow!!
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Well to implement it over the country is going to be a hard job, i mean you got private services,state run services, whos going to be the registering body how will you collect information.

Will courses be made available to those who have been outta the job and want to get back in alot off what ifs.
musketeer

natioal registration

Post by musketeer »

ACAP put forward a suggestion for bridging courses, similar to those run by St J for their non-uni qualified paras, that can provide a minimum standard across Aus. Yes there are still bumps in the road but the journey will make the destination that much more satifying.
The advantage to Pt/clients would be standardised care, no dropped stretchers, windows kicked in or even no quals!! :lol:
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

You forgot administering wrong drugs to patients :P ignoring drs orders.

Apprantley ALAS now have a private defective on the case i mean detective.
musketeer

PI

Post by musketeer »

So I hear !! Who's watching who.............................
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

I think this thread has more than run it's course...

Thanks to everyone who's participated, but it's time to put this one to bed :)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.