New Online Sub Centre Directory

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

AussieFreelancer

New Online Sub Centre Directory

Post by AussieFreelancer »

Hi All, this is my first post, I have been looking out for a forum like this for some time, as my dad is a volunteer ambulance here in Waroona, and I have been developing their website for them, so it is great to see what the current issues, discussions, etc are regarding the ambos in WA.

Firstly this is not just an advert for advertising sake, I will be having a look around these boards each day, and I plan to participate in discussions, and add some fresh blood to this community :)

That said, I have just finished redeveloping the Waroona ambulance website, and one of the features that we have included is a Sub Centre directory, as there didn't seem to be one around.

The aim of this is to provide people all around WA with a quick, easy to navigate, searchable list of sub centres, which will then provide you with all the information you need, such as email address, phone number, physical address, etc.

Currently there are over 140 subcentres in our database, with varying details for each. It would be great to build this into a definitive list of up to date information, and I am hoping that with your help, we can do just that :D

So if you have a spare few minutes, and fancy helping out, you can take a look at www.waroonaambulance.com.au/subcentres then search for the sub centre that you know the details of. If there are any chages required, perhaps you could post them here and I will get them sorted?

Thanks people, and I look forward to checking out these boards some more over the coming days, weeks, year, etc :D
Patrick TT
Check out the unofficial list of WA Sub Centres: www.waroonaambulance.com.au/subcentres
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Hi welcome aboard :)

I have seen waroona at T/A's before on the notoriuos stretch off road from mandurah to bunbury and assisted at one early last year.

Only thing i need to say is that i do understand they are volunteers and without vollies w.a would bite the big one in the country areas.

BUT reflective vests should be worn day or night while at an accident :) just saves them from being road kill by those ignornant drievrs speeding past at 100klms like they do.
AussieFreelancer

yeah that is a really bad stretch of road, chances are you were helping out with my dad then as he has done a few on that stretch in his time with waroona (over 10 years)

i agree with you totally though, safety first, I will point that out to them ;)
Patrick TT
Check out the unofficial list of WA Sub Centres: www.waroonaambulance.com.au/subcentres
WPXZBP

Re: New Online Sub Centre Directory

Post by WPXZBP »

AussieFreelancer wrote:... my dad is a volunteer ambulance here in Waroona, ...
:lol: I think you mean something different from how it reads.

Welcome to WARSUG and enjoy your time here. :D
AussieFreelancer

hahaha yes i think you are right :D just to clarify, my dad doesnt run around with a siren and light on his head :D
Patrick TT
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Where would he put the patient? :shock: :lol:

Great site. Well done!
AussieFreelancer

haha no idea :D dont forget to check for any inaccuracies :D We had this feature on the old site, but it wasnt very complete or user friendly, but still it was the most visited part of the site, so it does get used, which makes it a good idea to have it correct :) if everyone checks the details of the subcentre near them, then we should have that definitive list in no time :D
Patrick TT
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

wow so proactive with the website well done !!! SJA doesnt really like the poor sister country cousins as we know they always get hard done by :P

Any ambo pics going up on the site or not really ?
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

Hi Patrick, welcome aboard.

I just had a look at your site, looks very good and informative, i like the local touch.

You might want to check up on Beverley Sub Centre info, i believe it moved from Vincent St. years ago when it shared a shed with the VBFB and i think its now located near the Hospital on Forrest Rd.

Keep up the good work mate, the country folk will really appreciate it.
AussieFreelancer

hi westernwedgy, I will have a look at that. So you say it is there? Or you are just pretty sure? The problem has been actually finding out this information, as there seems to be nowhere that really has it. Most subcentres dont seem to advertise their address details etc, seems to be just a phone number, if that.

Markmywords, there sure will be. There are a lot of new features to come, and they will be added over the next few months, photos will be one of them most likely. It has been a nice project really, I guess because of the personal interest, but it is also an area that seems to be lacking - rural sja websites, so has been quite good to be able to get something informative up there and trying to think of features that would be useful to a lot of people, outside of just the "waroona" side to the site.
Patrick TT
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

AussieFreelancer wrote:So you say it is there? Or you are just pretty sure?
I can confirm what he is saying. The firies also moved onto Forrest Road. Below is a pic I posted before of the new subcentre.

AussieFreelancer

awesome :D from looking at the photo of the place, and google maps, it looks like the building is actually on the corner of John st and Sewel st, so this is what I have put it as - without a number i need the closest intersection really, as if i just put a road in google picks the middle of the thing, which could be miles away :)

thanks people, looks like that one is sorted now :D I'm glad I found this site :) have been looking for something like this for over a year now.
Patrick TT
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

Aussie and WPXZPB, glad to help updated info/new address for Beverley Sub Centre confirmed by my sister, she lives in Beverley. :smt023
AussieFreelancer

too easy :D thanks :)
Patrick TT
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Looking great there mate! Very well done site.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.