New ambulance siren

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

HEKTIK
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by HEKTIK »

Not a matter of respect, just some people have no brains and dont deserve a car license. How hard could it be to pull over near the curb and remain stationary for 20 seconds till the emergency vehicle passes.
Perth Online Police Scanner

http://waix.net:8000

RIP
nightnewz-crew

Post by nightnewz-crew »

unlike you and me we would pullover. but there some people that dont give to s&^&t about lights and sirens.

police , fire, SJA
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

nightnewz-crew wrote:unlike you and me we would pullover. but there some people that dont give to s&^&t about lights and sirens.
It's down to attitude, as well. Some people don't pull over because they consider where they're going more important than wherever the ambulance/police/fire vehicle is going.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
nightnewz-crew

Post by nightnewz-crew »

be shame if they dnt pull over and ends up been there house on fire or there house broken into!!
imacop

Post by imacop »

or even worse they get in the way and cause another accident
nightnewz-crew

Post by nightnewz-crew »

which as happened before. i remember long time ago and cop car and SJA crash into each other as they were both under P2
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Ive seen a car follow an ambo on a P1 literally sat on its arse up the freeway, today tonight did a thing about people not giving away like 8 years ago i still have the tape round somewhere that SHOWS real tools not giving way to SJA cars on P1's i'll have to see if i can covert it and upload it haha its still on VHS.
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Markmywords wrote:Ive seen a car follow an ambo on a P1 literally sat on its arse up the freeway, today tonight did a thing about people not giving away like 8 years ago i still have the tape round somewhere that SHOWS real tools not giving way to SJA cars on P1's i'll have to see if i can covert it and upload it haha its still on VHS.
TT and ACA usually do a story on emergency vehicles and road users not giving way about once a year (like all the other recycled crap on those shows :lol: ).

Driving instructors who train the police and ambo's love them because usually the emergency vehicle isn't driving in a "correct" manner itself :wink:

If there was 2 vehicles in the garage and one was fitted with TT's camera I know which vehicle I'd be taking out.
nightnewz-crew

Post by nightnewz-crew »

(Ive seen a car follow an ambo on a P1 literally sat on its arse up the freeway) maybe he was a newz crew or something!!!! LOL 8)
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

nightnewz-crew wrote:(Ive seen a car follow an ambo on a P1 literally sat on its arse up the freeway) maybe he was a newz crew or something!!!! LOL 8)
Or a lawer doing what they know best ambulance chasing. :smt043
rambler318

Post by rambler318 »

nightnewz-crew wrote:(Ive seen a car follow an ambo on a P1 literally sat on its arse up the freeway) maybe he was a newz crew or something!!!! LOL 8)
Or Hm681 LOL 8)
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

HEKTIK wrote:Not a matter of respect, just some people have no brains and dont deserve a car license. How hard could it be to pull over near the curb and remain stationary for 20 seconds till the emergency vehicle passes.
Coincidently i experienced such ignorance yesterday. (Sun 4-3 @ 12:10pm)

Travelling west on Gt Eastern Hwy towards Roe Hwy was passed by an SJA Merc under P1. By the time i got to lights at cnr GEH and Roe, the ambo was held up by cars 3 deep in all 3 lanes. I pulled up behind ambo leaving 2-3 car lengths, and glad i did. After what seemed like an eternity of being stationary with lights and sirens blaring and no one moving, the ambo was forced to reverse up to me and drive over the medium strip into the opposing lanes. (The mercs don't seem to handle the big kerbs very well either.)

But that's not all!!!!!

Having made it this far the traffic (inc trucks) travelling south/north on Roe Hwy (@80 kmh) refused to yield and the ambo was forced to slam on his brakes 3 TIMES in the process of moving across the intersection, skillfully, yet miraculously, avoiding any further incidents.

I can only guess at the level of stress and frustration being experienced by that crew (and patient!!!). In over 20 years as a professional driver i have never witnessed such a pathetically ignorant reaction to an emergency vehicle. :cry:
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

God damm !!!!! thats a nasty interesection at the best of times.

Theres a device that is on the market which over rides the car radio (when switched on of course) its fitted to some MFB and CFA trucks over east and basically without going into alot of detail emits a warning tone over 3 secs then states "an emergency vehicle approaching please slow down and merge left until it passes" it covers a 250m radius

Its called Emerg Alert the only down fall is that it projects that tone/verbal warning over a 250m radius which means it may not actually be passing you and youd be like WTF.
Last edited by Markmywords on Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hm681

Post by Hm681 »

mmmmmm you mean in our car radios?
TheDoc
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by TheDoc »

the polly pipe has an emergency warning system that transmits warnings over your car radio no matter what station ur listening to