Council Patrols

General questions on scanning from 30 to 3000Mhz. Not sure what you can receive in your area? Here's the place to ask!

Moderator: yorky

almo899

Council Patrols

Post by almo899 »

Greetings,

Can anyone shed some light on the frequencies used by the following council security patrols:

Bayswater
Belmont
Melville
Perth
Stirling

I know Canning operate on 465.675 and 466.600. They use Alpha and Sierra callsigns - Sierra being the supervisor (I think!).

From former posts about Bayswater, they use CHUBB channels. However, I was also told by another they had their own channel?

I was told Melville operate on 463.800. But I've yet to hear anything on it :cry:

Any help appreciated!
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

May i ask why you would want such frequencies???
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Re: Council Patrols

Post by vk6hgr »

almo899 wrote: Can anyone shed some light on the frequencies used by the following council security patrols
It can't hurt to try and hit the ACMA database and see if any of the frequencies owned by the councils are used by security as well.

Many of the council security cars I've seen though have no antennas on them except mobile phone, so maybe that's all they use...?
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

May i ask why you would want such frequencies???/
I could be wrong... but I am guessing he owns a radio scanner. ..?
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

JG-103 wrote:May i ask why you would want such frequencies???
I'd also be curious to know the frequencies.

When I worked for City of Bayswater I had all the frequencies that the rangers used etc but I assume the security patrols would be different (they started after I'd moved on from CoB...)

I don't see any problem in asking for frequencies for anything. With the exception of phones, anything is fair game :)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

#-o why didnt i think of that before

the reason im asking is that i dont know what almo does for a living and for all i know (no offence almo) he/she could be wanting these frequencies for illegal use. Which im sure some people out there are doing
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

JG-103 wrote:the reason im asking is that i dont know what almo does for a living and for all i know (no offence almo) he/she could be wanting these frequencies for illegal use. Which im sure some people out there are doing
Some people probably are, but it's comments like this that fuel the "scanners are only for crims" argument that comes up over and over again. It's also not a fair comment to be making against another forum member, questioning -- even indirectly -- that he or she wants the information for suspicious purposes.

The whole reason of this site was created was for "responsible scanner users in Western Australia" to discuss issues and share information.

If anyone truly believes that someone on this forum or anywhere else is using their scanner for an unlawful purpose then there are steps that can be taken to make that officially known.

However I don't think that asking someone to justify their reasoning behind a simple question is productive to anyone.

So, to bring this back on topic, does anyone have the requested frequencies squirreled away on a spreadsheet or bit of paper that they would like to share with the rest of us? :)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Melville use those mobile phones with the PTT buttons, I dont know if you can pick them up on a scanner.
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

dazla wrote:Melville use those mobile phones with the PTT buttons, I dont know if you can pick them up on a scanner.
That wont last long.. apparently Telstra is discontinuing the service (Push to Talk, that is)
pinkbosseslady
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by pinkbosseslady »

What about concrete trucks mainly BGC? anyone know the freq?

work with BGC and curious to know what goes over the airways

any ideas?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

pinkbosseslady wrote:What about concrete trucks mainly BGC? anyone know the freq?
Please start a new thread pinkbosslady for that, this one's about council security :P
almo899

Post by almo899 »

No offence taken JG-103. I have no sinister reasons other than curiosity at what my rates are going to... and yes, I am a scanner user in my spare time 8)

I work for a council and see a fair few council patrols driving around in nicely marked up large family cars... though I still wonder why council patrols require large cars such as a Falcon/Commodore in the 1st place??

I also wonder how many call-outs they actually get and whether a rate-payers' first port of call for local issues would be a council patrol or police. I remember 1 incident where some hoons where tearing up a local street and as I was on the phone to VKI about it, a local ranger came in and used his amber lightbar and high beams to drive off the hoons!
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

I did have a look for the frequencies Almo but couldnt find any for council security and couldnt find anything for the councils you was lookin for, even checked the Uniden frequency cd to no luck.

I didnt even know that councils have their own security patrols, i only ever see the chubb security cars and stuff.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

JG-103 wrote: I didnt even know that councils have their own security patrols, i only ever see the chubb security cars and stuff.
I saw a car in the Galleria carpark today that was a security car for an estate around here (can't remember the name. argh!)

It has a UHF Icom IC 400PRO installed... but that doesn't prove anything as that radio does UHF CB too :-)
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
yorky

Post by yorky »

The Joondalup/Wanaroo security cars are white Subi Imprezza's (only RX's or whatever the cheap ones are, though a few have spotties etc). Haven't seen an antenna on them but haven't looked very hard.

We got a little fridge magnet with there 1300# to report anything around but I don't know what they do exactly they wouldn't have any powers as such. Vehicles have a light bar with two flashing lights, see them around heaps so there is a 'presence' as such.