St John Ambulance

St John Ambulance (6DS), AMS, RFDS etc. Frequencies, callsigns and discussion.

Moderator: Infernal

Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Re: St John Ambulance

Post by Infernal »

Yes
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

Car vs Ambulance in Hilton this morning

Photo via facebook:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 3432_n.jpg
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

This evening witnessed an SJA under priority driving the wrong side of the median up Beaufort St between Vincent and Walcott St and then through the Walcott St intersection. The entire time it had no flashing lights operating, only headlights and the siren sounding. Very dangerous driving into oncoming traffic.
yorky

Post by yorky »

Unfortunately I've had that happen before as well, mine was during the day so unlikely the crew knew the lights were not operating. But I had a separate time were Police were responding in a van at night, again through a red light siren but no lights on.

If you are concerned then its best to note down the vehicle number if you saw it and advise http://www.stjohnambulance.com.au/st-jo ... contact-us however obviously this is an office number and you cannot call 000 unless its an emergency...

However the Road Traffic Act does state:

A driver shall give way to, and make every reasonable effort to give a clear and uninterrupted passage to, every police or emergency vehicle that is displaying a flashing blue or red light (whether or not it is also displaying other lights) or sounding an alarm.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/wa/c ... 3/s60.html

Dangerous yes, illegal no. Think back to the good ol' days when the emergency vehicles just used a bell!
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Matt.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Matt. »

Interesting I was there also , as they pulled out near hungry jacks the lights where on but when they changed the siren tone they went off , I don't think they noticed and continued up the wrong side.

Matt
fosterglen

Post by fosterglen »

Unfortunately this happens with hazard lights and siren controllers
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

SJA have a large new Event Support truck, seen on the news tonight
AcesAP

Post by AcesAP »

It's actually an Emergency Support Vehicle, 1 of 2 new vehicles used to support SJA at both events like sky works, and emergency situations like bush fires etc. it was up at the parkerville fires for a few days.
TLD11

Post by TLD11 »

Saw the Rav 4 Ambulance for the first time today. Not a fan of Toyota's, but it look alright. I'm guessing that they have been around for a while & have replaced the Forester's I'm sure someone will lets us know!
AcesAP

Post by AcesAP »

SJA currently has 1 rav 4 but at this stage there is no plan to adopt them to replace the subarus. Keep an eye out for a Colorado 7 that we have out there as well..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TLD11

Post by TLD11 »

The new "mega" Patient transfer vehicle for S.J.A. is nearly completed and will be on the road soon. It will be able to take 10+ patients at once. Based on a coach body built on a M.A.N. truck chassis.
I've seen it & it's BIG!!
yorky

Post by yorky »

Here's hoping we get pics!
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
TLD11

Post by TLD11 »

yorky wrote:Here's hoping we get pics!
I have pics - but am reluctant to post on a public forum just yet because it's not totally public yet. I'm assuming there will be a big hoo ha about it in the media soon. It will be used a lot of the time to transport multiple country patients to the city and back. It has wi-fi inside for the patients & 2 hydraulic tail lifts to load them - 1 on the LHS, the other at the rear, which is rated for 2000kg! Good to see them thinking outside the square & trying something different. (Even if it has a price easily into 7 figures!) Could potentially save money thru less single road trips & flights. Other services from around Australia will be watching with interest.
Matt.
150+ posts
150+ posts

St John Ambulance

Post by Matt. »

Seen it a few weeks back at a fuel station impressive but kinda strange to put Multiple patients in a truck (for want of a better work) and drive them up and down roads that can be dangerous one accident or rollover not a good outcome if you ask me , no the safest as far as I can see
roland985
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden EZI30XLT Scanner.
Bearcat UBC355XLT

Post by roland985 »

Mate, I would say that one big vehicle is safer than 10 ambulances in convoy. And cheaper too!

One vehicle, one driver, 10 patients is a good idea.
WASES CSU