computer assisted receivers/tranceivers

Amateur Radio discussion

Moderator: VK6ZMS

Glendale

computer assisted receivers/tranceivers

Post by Glendale »

Can any one help! I would like some feed back on Winradio or ICOM type computer assisted receivers/ tranceivers. They are priced in the $1,500:00 to $2,000 bracket.

I also have an old CB radio call sign, are these call signs still being used and can I still use it?

TA

Roger
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Re: computer assisted receivers/tranceivers

Post by vk6hgr »

Roger Nicholls wrote:Can any one help! I would like some feed back on Winradio or ICOM type computer assisted receivers/ tranceivers. They are priced in the $1,500:00 to $2,000 bracket.
Computer control usually works pretty well but tell us a bit more about what you're needing to do and we can give a better recommendation.
I also have an old CB radio call sign, are these call signs still being used and can I still use it
They haven't been issued for decades now, but you can still use it if you want.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Blinky
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: computer assisted receivers/tranceivers

Post by Blinky »

Roger Nicholls wrote:Can any one help! I would like some feed back on Winradio or ICOM type computer assisted receivers/ tranceivers. They are priced in the $1,500:00 to $2,000 bracket.
Most modern transceivers are able to be computer controlled. As mentioned by Gavin more info is required.
Roger Nicholls wrote:I also have an old CB radio call sign, are these call signs still being used and can I still use it
vk6hgr wrote:They haven't been issued for decades now, but you can still use it if you want.
but only if you are not intending to use an old CB callsign on the ham bands.