Frequencies list

Amateur Radio discussion

Moderator: VK6ZMS

OzPrepper
Scanners and Receivers: UBCD396XT and UBC355XLT

Frequencies list

Post by OzPrepper »

Hello All

I will be studying for my Foundation licence shortly and purchased a radio so I can listen in to get a better idea on how it all works and wondered if anyone has a list of frequencies I can program into the radio on the 2m and 70cm bands.

The last time I used a CB was back in the 80's so it's all very new to me which is why I will be going for my licence, I have managed to program in the 80 UHF channels I am just a little confused in finding the other bands.

I won't be transmitting in case anyone asks as I know that is illegal until I actually have a licence.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Re: Frequencies list

Post by Zebedee »

Take a look at the vk6.net website, there's all kinds of info on there.

Perhaps start with the repeater listing and put some of those in. Depending on the repeater and the time of day you could hear some stuff on any that are close-ish to you.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
OzPrepper

Post by OzPrepper »

Thanks for the reply, being about three hours from Perth and about an hour inland from the coast it doesn't give me too many options with the repeaters until I can afford a decent antenna but will give it a go. :)
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

That may be a limiting factor, yes :)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
numloxx
Amateur callsign: VK6PCB

Post by numloxx »

Maybe a yagi :-)
OzPrepper

Post by OzPrepper »

Save me starting a new thread is there anywhere I can buy a legitimate Nagoya NA-771 (female end)

Everywhere I look they all seem to be fakes. :(
numloxx
Amateur callsign: VK6PCB

Post by numloxx »

OzPrepper

Post by OzPrepper »

Thanks.

I actually looked at Amazon but never realised they posted to Australia, learn something new everyday.
vk6ngs
Amateur callsign: vk6ngs
Scanners and Receivers: FTDX-3000 IC-7100 Radio shack dx-394 AOR AR8600MK2 AOR AR8200D

Post by vk6ngs »

OzPrepper wrote:
Thanks.

I actually looked at Amazon but never realised they posted to Australia, learn something new everyday.
Just buy a Baofeng antenna same antenna different name,they all come out the same factory.http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NA-771-SMA-F ... SwZtJW-lBp
Cheers Grant vk6ngs
OzPrepper

Post by OzPrepper »

vk6ngs wrote:Just buy a Baofeng antenna same antenna different name,they all come out the same factory.http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NA-771-SMA-F ... SwZtJW-lBp
Cheers Grant vk6ngs
I looked at these antenna on eBay as well but I believe they are the fake Nagoya.

After doing some research the real ones now have silver writing and the lettering is different, I also heard the TX/RX is of lower quality but maybe I am reading into it all too much.
vk6ngs
Amateur callsign: vk6ngs
Scanners and Receivers: FTDX-3000 IC-7100 Radio shack dx-394 AOR AR8600MK2 AOR AR8200D

Post by vk6ngs »

OzPrepper wrote:
vk6ngs wrote:Just buy a Baofeng antenna same antenna different name,they all come out the same factory.http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NA-771-SMA-F ... SwZtJW-lBp
Cheers Grant vk6ngs
I looked at these antenna on eBay as well but I believe they are the fake Nagoya.

After doing some research the real ones now have silver writing and the lettering is different, I also heard the TX/RX is of lower quality but maybe I am reading into it all too much.
For a $7 item you are over complicating things.Buy it try it if it doesnt work you havent broken the bank.Amateur radio is only as complicated as 1 makes it.If it was BIG $$$$$ item then be cautious.
Cheers Grant vk6ngs