Amateur Radio discussion

Moderator: VK6ZMS

Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Exams

Post by Zebedee »

This weekend, Ham College held an exam day for the students who had participated in the previous weekend's Foundation course and also for anyone else who was wanting to sit an exam.

It was a busy day with 17 separate assessments being taken by 12 students. These were a mixture of Foundation (theory and practical combined), Standard theory, Regulations and a practical being held on its own.

All 12 students passed their assessments so there'll be some new names on air and some old names with new callsigns over the coming weeks.

To make all this happen, five volunteer assessors and two paperwork-fillers gave their day to make sure that it was all run efficiently and with a minimum of waiting around by the candidates.

Well done to all concerned!
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
new f calls
Scanners and Receivers: Wouxun 920p ham radio transceiver .Wouxun kguv6d handheld ham radio transceiver. unden Bearcat UBC355XLT scanner.

Re: Exams

Post by new f calls »

I live in albany can you help get me on air i spoke
mount barker communications and seg were holding
a course .I've heard nothing back can I do the course
from home over the phone .ps is there a wia member
discount as I recently joined.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Re: Exams

Post by Zebedee »

Two gents who were in Perth for linux.conf.au sat some upgrade exams to go from Foundation to Advanced this evening through Ham College. Happy to see both passing. They're now waiting on their shiny new VK4 and VK5 advanced licences! :)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.