Icom IC-208H 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-706MKIIG all-band all-mode Ham TRX mobile
Icom IC-V85 2m VHF Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-679P VHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-713 UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld

Satellite Antennas

Post by robbage »

The great thing is that you don't have to think about it any more.
BTW I heard some of your discussion about the Arrow antenna. The antenna on my car is playing up so I don't want to TX until it's sorted. Have a chat to Meg. She bought the dual bander Arrow from the manufacturer a while back. She might be able to clue you up on freight cost and delivery time.
Rob
OF78WD
 Amateur moderator
Arguing with a fool proves there are two
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Re: Advanced Licence

Post by meg »

robbage wrote: BTW I heard some of your discussion about the Arrow antenna. The antenna on my car is playing up so I don't want to TX until it's sorted. Have a chat to Meg. She bought the dual bander Arrow from the manufacturer a while back. She might be able to clue you up on freight cost and delivery time.
Ooo - that's going back a while... As I recall, the delivery cost decent though not outrageous, and it was delivered pretty quickly - within a week I think. It's a great antenna though - so light!

WARSUG FESA and Scanning Special Events moderator
Nosferatu
Amateur callsign: VK6XS
Scanners and Receivers: Icom IC-R6
Icom IC-756
Yaesu FT-60R
Yaesu FT-2900R
Sangean ATS-909
Sangean DPR-34+

Post by Nosferatu »

Hello Meg and Robbage,

I think our discussion is side tracking in this thread :smt042 ... but anyway ... I have received an e-mail from the Arrow guy ... finally ... about the price and costs of all the things I asked him ...

Anyway, I will get one of those LEO antenna and will use it for both terrestrial and celestial \:D/
VK6ADF
Amateur callsign: VK6ADF

Post by VK6ADF »

If you get an Arrow Antenna, I would suggest getting a split boom,with duplexer. They are available cheaper with single boom and without duplexer but advantageous to have the split and built in duplexer.

You can get them on eBay. I have bought 2 over the past couple of years for me and a friend. A nice portable antenna's
73 Phil VK6ADF
VK6ZMS

Re: Satellite Antennas

Post by VK6ZMS »

Hi all
I split this from the advanced course thread.
Carry on 8)
Amateur Radio Moderator
Nosferatu
Icom IC-756
Yaesu FT-60R
Yaesu FT-2900R
Sangean ATS-909
Sangean DPR-34+

Post by Nosferatu »

VK6ADF wrote:If you get an Arrow Antenna, I would suggest getting a split boom,with duplexer. They are available cheaper with single boom and without duplexer but advantageous to have the split and built in duplexer.

You can get them on eBay. I have bought 2 over the past couple of years for me and a friend. A nice portable antenna's
@VK6ADF ... of course ... split boom, duplexer and carry case ... but anyway, the ones on eBay are they the original Arrow Antennas from this website http://www.arrowantennas.com/? or are they fake made by someone else ? They use the same exact picture from the website though ... :smt017
VK6ADF

Post by VK6ADF »

If you are looking at the same eBay listing with bdrouch as the seller then they are the real deal. He is an Arrow Dealer in the USA and runs this website http://www.ham4less.com/

I first bought my Arrow a few years ago. Then last year I wanted the roll up carry bag so as I was getting the bag a mate asked if I would order an Arrow for him at the same time., which I did. Postage tokk about 2 weeks which is fairly usual for mail from the USA.

When I bought mine Arrow did not accept international orders so had to go through one of their dealers but I now see since the new owners took over they now accept international orders. So plenty of choice now.

A bag for a camera tripod works well to keep the split boom Arrow in. Thats how I kept mine until I got the roll up bag. I must admit that in some respect the tripod bag is better. I was a little disappointed with the roll up bag. The elements don't seem to fit as I expected. Maybe thats just me and others would find it ok. The antenna itself is excellent. Very satisfied with that, but not at the prices you pay for it from eastern states dealers who list it at double or more the price from the USA. Or did last time I looked.

I know of 4 being used in WA and I have not heard a bad word about it (except me and the roll up bag :lol: )
73 Phil VK6ADF
Nosferatu
Icom IC-756
Yaesu FT-60R
Yaesu FT-2900R
Sangean ATS-909
Sangean DPR-34+

Post by Nosferatu »

@VK6ADF ... Have you ever use this antenna for terrestrial communication ? How does it perform ? (2 m and 70 cm)
VK6ADF

Post by VK6ADF »

I have used it handheld to catch someone on a repeater i could not get too well on my ht. I have also taken it to Augusta and not surprisingly copied the Bunbury, Mt Barker and Esperance beacons. The antenna showed directivity and gain.

If planning to use outside for periods, the duplexer is inside the boom and would not be waterproof.
73 Phil VK6ADF
Nosferatu
Icom IC-756
Yaesu FT-60R
Yaesu FT-2900R
Sangean ATS-909
Sangean DPR-34+

Post by Nosferatu »

VK6ADF wrote:I have used it handheld to catch someone on a repeater i could not get too well on my ht. I have also taken it to Augusta and not surprisingly copied the Bunbury, Mt Barker and Esperance beacons. The antenna showed directivity and gain.

If planning to use outside for periods, the duplexer is inside the boom and would not be waterproof.
That's sound really good ... and it's pretty light too ... I like it ...
And yes ... roger that on the duplexer being not waterproof ... I guess this antenna is meant to be used for short period of time outside ... it's not a base antenna ... :mrgreen: ... no worries ... I will definitely get one ...
Nosferatu
Icom IC-756
Yaesu FT-60R
Yaesu FT-2900R
Sangean ATS-909
Sangean DPR-34+

Post by Nosferatu »

robbage
Amateur callsign: VK6UFO_VK6RN
Scanners and Receivers:  
Scanners/receivers
Diamond Welz WS1000 wideband handheld
Radioshack Pro 28 handheld
Uniden UBC72XLT handheld
Uniden UBC73XLT handheld
Uniden UBC330CRS desktop

Two-way
Yaesu VX-3R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wideband RX handheld
Yaesu FT-1802M 2m Ham TRX mobile x 2
Yaesu FT-7800R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-208H 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-706MKIIG all-band all-mode Ham TRX mobile
Icom IC-V85 2m VHF Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-679P VHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-713 UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld

Post by robbage »

Nosferatu wrote:Arrow Antenna ... :smt081

http://www.doubletakearchery.com/arrowantenna.htm
Cute. The arrow satellite antennas are actually made from arrow shaft material apparently.
Rob
OF78WD
 Amateur moderator
Arguing with a fool proves there are two
Nosferatu
Icom IC-756
Yaesu FT-60R
Yaesu FT-2900R
Sangean ATS-909
Sangean DPR-34+

Post by Nosferatu »

robbage wrote: Cute. The arrow satellite antennas are actually made from arrow shaft material apparently.
Yeah, absolutely ... without the fletching unlike the one I have shown above :smt043 ... hahaha ...

http://www.worldwidedx.com/product-revi ... eview.html