Yaesu FT-2900R
Sangean ATS-909
Sangean DPR-34+

Weird chanting on 40m band

Post by Nosferatu »

gkoutlis

Re: Weird chanting on 40m band

Post by gkoutlis »

Possibly some sort of middle eastern prayer thing by the sounds.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

There's been some discussion about it on the WARG email list. Apparently it's been happening for years.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Nosferatu
Amateur callsign: VK6XS
Scanners and Receivers: Icom IC-R6
Icom IC-756
Yaesu FT-60R
Yaesu FT-2900R
Sangean ATS-909
Sangean DPR-34+

Post by Nosferatu »

For your information ;

I understand every single words of what they are saying ... it is in Indonesian ... but not really sure what they are talking about ... I'm sure they are talking in some sort of code ...

For example the last video (the one with the Sangean Shortwave receiver) ... The voice says ... Kuning ... Kuning ... Kuning ... etc ... which means Yellow ... Yellow ... Yellow ...

And also on one of the video above the guy stopped chanting and have a little bit of a chat and said to another guy saying 'Yes I have been doing some running and I have chosen the yellow one ... '

But I'm not sure what they mean by that ...

I will ask around next time I get on the 40m to another legitimate Indonesian amateur stations ...

The problem with that 'chanting' frequency is that it is on the CW portion of the band and unfortunately I cannot transmit on it and ask them why they are doing that ...

I'm really curious ... :smt017
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Nosferatu wrote:For your information ;

I understand every single words of what they are saying ... it is in Indonesian ... but not really sure what they are talking about ... I'm sure they are talking in some sort of code ...

For example the last video (the one with the Sangean Shortwave receiver) ... The voice says ... Kuning ... Kuning ... Kuning ... etc ... which means Yellow ... Yellow ... Yellow ...

And also on one of the video above the guy stopped chanting and have a little bit of a chat and said to another guy saying 'Yes I have been doing some running and I have chosen the yellow one ... '

But I'm not sure what they mean by that ...

I will ask around next time I get on the 40m to another legitimate Indonesian amateur stations ...

The problem with that 'chanting' frequency is that it is on the CW portion of the band and unfortunately I cannot transmit on it and ask them why they are doing that ...

I'm really curious ... :smt017
Others had tried to decipher what they were saying, without much luck. However, you must not transmit back to them, as doing so breaches the condition of your amateur licence. If you recall from the regs stuff - you can talk on amateur frequencies only to other amateurs. Just because they're on an amateur band, doesn't mean we can talk to them. Best to leave them alone. However, if you have access to the WARG list, you might want to reply to the messages in there discussing the chanting, to report what you can understand, because I think it's got everyone else stumped :P
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Nosferatu
Amateur callsign: VK6XS
Scanners and Receivers: Icom IC-R6
Icom IC-756
Yaesu FT-60R
Yaesu FT-2900R
Sangean ATS-909
Sangean DPR-34+

Post by Nosferatu »

Zebedee wrote:However, you must not transmit back to them, as doing so breaches the condition of your amateur licence. If you recall from the regs stuff - you can talk on amateur frequencies only to other amateurs. Just because they're on an amateur band, doesn't mean we can talk to them. Best to leave them alone.
OMG ... and that too of course ... #-o

If the license condition allow me to contact them ... I will definitely ask them to send me QSL cards :smt044