Scanners and Receivers: Icom IC-R6
Icom IC-756
Yaesu FT-60R
Yaesu FT-2900R
Sangean ATS-909
Sangean DPR-34+

QSL Cards from shortwave stations

Post by Nosferatu »

Has anyone ever received any QSL cards from any shortwave stations ...
I have been listening to http://english.cri.cn/index.htm, emailed them and they mentioned my name in their next broadcast \:D/ ... I got really encouraged after that and push my luck by giving them signal report and ask for a QSL card ... and they never replied :oops: ... are QSL cards from shortwave radio things of the past ?
WPXZBP

Re: QSL Cards from shortwave stations

Post by WPXZBP »

Got heaps back in the 80s/early 90s. Times may have changed.
Nosferatu
Amateur callsign: VK6XS
Scanners and Receivers: Icom IC-R6
Icom IC-756
Yaesu FT-60R
Yaesu FT-2900R
Sangean ATS-909
Sangean DPR-34+

Post by Nosferatu »

I guess I just started the hobby a little bit too late ... #-o
Blinky
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Blinky »

There's usually a criteria that is required for QSL from a Broadcast station. I have received a few, years ago. (Thinking back now I realise a few years ago means 20 years plus, wow time flies). As mentioned in previous posts, nowadays things may have changed.

It use to be that you had to mention date, frequency, signal strength, SINPO, equipment used, a log of their program outlining what you heard at what time..ie program content, and then any comments you had about the program and request for a QSL. Probably some other stuff as well I have forgotten. Now perhaps most shortwave stations don't bother as a lot of their content is now streamed on the internet.

I just had a look at DW webpage and they still issue QSL cards so maybe the larger broadcasters still do.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those who do not.