joondalup hospital

General questions on scanning from 30 to 3000Mhz. Not sure what you can receive in your area? Here's the place to ask!

Moderator: yorky

scottwa2468

joondalup hospital

Post by scottwa2468 »

is there anyone that could tell me any frequencies for joondalup hospital?
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Re: Joondalup Hospital

Post by Zebedee »

Hmmmmm, this is trickier than I first thought it would be, but I'm posting what I did as a kind of "how to find stuff out" post...

I remembered there were some hospital frequencies in the SJA frequencies sticky'd page. But it doesn't have Joondalup on there.

Next thought - Joondalup Health Campus is owned by the Mayne Group of companies. Looking up Mayne's ABN and putting that into the Australian Communications Authoritiy's search page gave only one result, and it's not for WA :-(

Last of all I did a Google search and found a couple of references to Joondalup Health Campus' address. I did a postcode search on 6919 (Joondalup's PO Boxes postcode) and got a hit against Mayne Health but this time in the right state and suburb. Why didn't it show up the first time I searched for Mayne? Because this record has their ACN but not their ABN...

Anyway this record shows a Paging System, a Land Mobile System and a PABX Cordless Telephone Service.

The frequencies that might interest you are:

148.3375 MHz (Paging)
474.9250 MHz (Land Mobile)
1.8900 GHz (PABX)

REMEMBER: Scanning ANY telephone stuff is illegal so don't even try! Stick to the first two frequencies mentioned.

Last but not least, when viewing the record for the Land Mobile system, it shows the location as being "Shenton Avenue, Joondalup" which is a clickable link. There are other frequencies at the same location, registered to the Health Department which may also be interesting:

491.8250 MHz
497.0250 MHz
493.3250 MHz
498.5250 MHz

Hope this helps :-)

Cheers,

Doug.
scottwa2468

joondalup hospital

Post by scottwa2468 »

thanks for all the info doug,i will give those frequencies a try and ill let you know,by the way doug,apart from the usual emergency frequencies,public transport and airports,air traffic control etc. etc do you have any interesting frequencys that i can listen to?
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Re: joondalup hospital

Post by Zebedee »

scottwa2468 wrote:... apart from the usual emergency frequencies,public transport and airports,air traffic control etc. etc do you have any interesting frequencys that i can listen to?
Depends on what you mean by interesting I guess :-)

Somewhere at home I've got frequencies for a couple of shopping centres, some local councils, that sort of thing. I've had a listen but to be honest it's about as boring as you could imagine...

The only one I can think of which isn't quite "public transport" is Westrail freight stuff. But again you'd have to be a train-person to appreciate it I think.

What I find more interesting is scanning a particular event. A few years ago we (i.e. the usual suspects in the IRC channel) put together a "listening guide" for the Avon Decent. We combined everything we could think of that would have event related radio traffic. If you want to have a look, the document is still here on the main WARSUG site...

-- Doug
scottwa2468

joondalup hospital

Post by scottwa2468 »

can you please give me a bit of advice,i just use my normal scanner antenna and i live in the warwick area and i cant seem to be able to pick up police channels from perth,midland and freo areas,if i buy an antenna from dse and put it on my roof will they help my recieption of these areas
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Re: joondalup hospital

Post by vk6hgr »

scottwa2468 wrote:can you please give me a bit of advice,i just use my normal scanner antenna and i live in the warwick area and i cant seem to be able to pick up police channels from perth,midland and freo areas,if i buy an antenna from dse and put it on my roof will they help my recieption of these areas
In a word, yes... :-)
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr