Suggestions please?

General questions on scanning from 30 to 3000Mhz. Not sure what you can receive in your area? Here's the place to ask!

Moderator: yorky

Always RX

Suggestions please?

Post by Always RX »

Gday all, I'm in a scanning rut :wink: It feels like it is a long time since I found a new and interesting frequency to listen to, even after hours of trawling the ACMA site and doing band scans. So I was hoping you all might care to share what it is you all are listening to, or if you have found anything interesting lately? I have all the usuals covered e.g. FESA, PTA, Airband. So anything aside from those, be they analogue or digital frequecies, I'd be happy to hear about them. Cheers
richard omeara

Re: Suggestions please?

Post by richard omeara »

During the summer i listern to surf com,water police,fisheries,marine opperations during the day.Also been listerning to local media 7,9,10 choppers as im in Tuarthill.At night i listern to local security and a bit of trunking from the city.Sounds like theres a soccer game on at ME stadium now.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Thanks Richard, Do have your air-ground link frequencies for Channel 9 and 10 handy? I hear a bit from 7 but nothing from the others, so I'd like to check mine against yours. As far as trunking goes, have you compiled a list of known systems and TGID's at all? I have just started one again myself as I got one going a while back but I only renamed a few in the scanner itself and can't find the bit of paper I had it all scratched on, I think my two year old may have liberated it... lol. Once I get a few more identified maybe we can do a swap of lists or scanner databases to cross check and then post them in here somewhere?
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Sounds good.I think theres a list in here some were.Central park trunking systems on page 2 of this section.Any way this is what ive got for media.
CH7 158.800/463.025/453.525
CH9 487.350/486.450/482.450/487.650
CH10 473.950/479.150/473.350/478.550
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Cheers, I actually have 163.4 for Ch7. Yours looks like the receive but I couldnt check as the ACMA site is down. I guess being in Tuart hill you may be hearing stuff that I don't anyway? Thanks for the others, I have a couple already but a few I don't and I'll give them a go.
richard omeara wrote:I think theres a list in here some were.Central park trunking systems on page 2 of this section.
Yep, working off that one too. Although there is a large number of TGID's listed it would be cool to get a few more named. Cheers
yorky

Post by yorky »

It's certainly a quieter hobby for scanners without Police or SJA available any more :(

I'm also looking into trunk scanning since there is a little more to it than just sticking a frequency in. I'm on the lookout for a nice trunk scanner, but not about to jump at any old one until we get some solid info on trunk ID's etc!

The nearest security (that I think Richard listens to as well) to me is Stirling Security who I can listen to now by putting in all the trunks frequencies but of course that nets other unwanted companies and data noise.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
yorky

Post by yorky »

Always RX wrote:Cheers, I actually have 163.4 for Ch7. Yours looks like the receive
ACMA is back up and you are correct, 163.400 is the Transmit so Richard this is what you should use not 158.800 (although it would still pickup the same stuff).

453.525 is also the receive for 463.025 transmit.

482.450 is also the receive for 487.650 transmit.

479.150 is also the receive for 473.950 transmit. 478.550 is also the receive for 473.350 transmit.

So really its just:

CH7 163.400/463.025
CH9 487.350/486.450/487.650
CH10 473.950/473.350

:)
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
robbage
Amateur callsign: VK6UFO_VK6RN
Scanners and Receivers:  
Scanners/receivers
Diamond Welz WS1000 wideband handheld
Radioshack Pro 28 handheld
Uniden UBC72XLT handheld
Uniden UBC73XLT handheld
Uniden UBC330CRS desktop

Two-way
Yaesu VX-3R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wideband RX handheld
Yaesu FT-1802M 2m Ham TRX mobile x 2
Yaesu FT-7800R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-208H 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-706MKIIG all-band all-mode Ham TRX mobile
Icom IC-V85 2m VHF Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-679P VHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-713 UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld

Post by robbage »

richard omeara wrote:During the summer i listern to surf com,water police,fisheries,marine opperations during the day.Also been listerning to local media 7,9,10 choppers as im in Tuarthill.At night i listern to local security and a bit of trunking from the city.Sounds like theres a soccer game on at ME stadium now.
How well do you pick up surf, water police, fisheries and marine from Tuart Hill? I was hoping to receive AIS from Ballajura but nothing heard.
Rob
OF78WD
 Amateur moderator
Arguing with a fool proves there are two
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Yea suprisingly good.If water police are in Mandurah or a fair distance away its not so good.Also get Rottnest rangers pretty good also.Ive got a discone on top of a two storie building and also on a bit of a hill.Sorry Robbage whats AIS?
robbage
Amateur callsign: VK6UFO_VK6RN
Scanners and Receivers:  
Scanners/receivers
Diamond Welz WS1000 wideband handheld
Radioshack Pro 28 handheld
Uniden UBC72XLT handheld
Uniden UBC73XLT handheld
Uniden UBC330CRS desktop

Two-way
Yaesu VX-3R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wideband RX handheld
Yaesu FT-1802M 2m Ham TRX mobile x 2
Yaesu FT-7800R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-208H 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-706MKIIG all-band all-mode Ham TRX mobile
Icom IC-V85 2m VHF Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-679P VHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-713 UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld

Post by robbage »

richard omeara wrote:Yea suprisingly good.If water police are in Mandurah or a fair distance away its not so good.Also get Rottnest rangers pretty good also.Ive got a discone on top of a two storie building and also on a bit of a hill.Sorry Robbage whats AIS?
Good stuff. The height is a definite advantage. The discone is zero gain though.. probably less.
AIS is the tracking system for ships. I was hoping to be able to monitor (via radio) AIS for ships, ACARS for aircraft and APRS for amateur radio and show them all on the same application. They all use different technology but the end result is much the same. You can see AIS and APRS on the internet but it's not the same as using a real radio (and not much good where you don't have internet)
Rob
OF78WD
 Amateur moderator
Arguing with a fool proves there are two