AFL Games at Subi

General questions on scanning from 30 to 3000Mhz. Not sure what you can receive in your area? Here's the place to ask!

Moderator: yorky

Bonez

Post by Bonez »

Some frequencies of interest would be:

487.650 - Channel 9 master control (engineering, links, main comms chan)
487.350 - Channel 9 studio control to camera operators (one way only, constant TX)
486.450 - Channel 9 studio to talent (used for studio control to talk to talent during live crosses etc, one way TX only)
168.9375 - Channel 9 chopper and some news vehicles
463.025 - Channel 7 operations/master control
472.800 - Channel 7 studio control > talent, constant TX
163.400 - Channel 7 chopper

The actual signal for the games normally travels back to the studio via a digital fibre, and a 2.5ghz microwave link for backup. You can't tune into either of those with a scanner :)

The constant TX channels I mentioned above are only enabled when something is actually happening. This could be either a live cross on a weeknight, it could be a fully fledged footy match or it could be any other newsworthly live cross.

Program them in and have a listen...I find that I hear most activity around news time during the week and sometimes on the weekends. Also a bit of chatter during the day on the first frequency I listed.

If you search on the ACMA database you might find the same for Channel 10, it's pretty much just a guessing game, plug them all into your scanner and weed out the ones that aren't used :)

I highly doubt you'll hear the commentators on 790-820mhz unless that is the local TX frequency of some of the wireless microphones, what i'm getting at is - there is no rebroadcast on any of those freqs.
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

Dont forget the Catering which I think was 463.625 so you can hear where all the food is going :lol: