Strange arials

General questions on scanning from 30 to 3000Mhz. Not sure what you can receive in your area? Here's the place to ask!

Moderator: yorky

richard omeara

Strange arials

Post by richard omeara »

Over the last month ive seen these new comodore wagons with strange arials.They look like 20mm plastice pipe about 80cm long.One above the driver the other above the front passanger.Seen one in Scoubourgh 3 weeks ago.Also seen 2 in Mirrabooka today.Any one know what and who they are.
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Strange arials

Post by phreak »

does anyone know? i've seen half a dozen around the gosnells / kelmscott area in the last few weeks too. be interested to find out.
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter
yorky

Post by yorky »

Thought I'd add I've seen one or two previously as well. No idea what they are, they are like oversized roof rack ladder/tube holders :smt108
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail »

yorky wrote:Thought I'd add I've seen one or two previously as well. No idea what they are, they are like oversized roof rack ladder/tube holders :smt108
Could these be they?

About 30 cm long and 30mm thick?

http://www.rfi.com.au/downloads/wireles ... /CD440.pdf

R
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

No sorry.There light grey tube pipe.Looks like they have gone too bunnings and got some retic pipe.
Eddie
Amateur callsign: vk6zse
Scanners and Receivers: I use my AR trx
- vx170 (Rx covers 137 - 174 Mhz)

Post by Eddie »

These antennas are most likely used by vividwireless to to their propagation testing, I have seen a car with these sort of antennas on them and while I was stopped at the lights I managed to have a quick look thru the drivers window and noticed the usual stuff needed for a propagation testing car.

Things have progressed somewhat since I last did that sort of job many years ago, GPS makes things much easier.

Cheers Eddie