curtin uni freqs

General questions on scanning from 30 to 3000Mhz. Not sure what you can receive in your area? Here's the place to ask!

Moderator: yorky

bakerboy

curtin uni freqs

Post by bakerboy »

been killin time at home and curiosity got the better of me so i thought id look up my uni, curtin uni, security freq.
did a quick search on the uniden freq website and it came up with 2 different ones, 491.xxxx and 496.xxxx, whats the go there? i remember reading a transperth thread about input and output freq, is this the same deal?

cheers guys
yorky

Re: curtin uni freqs

Post by yorky »

Go ahead and post the full frequency so we can see on the ACMA database :)
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
bakerboy

Post by bakerboy »

ok sorry about that yorky, they are 491.2250 and 496.4250
yorky

Post by yorky »

Cheers, 491.225 is the transmit (that you would listen to), and 496.425 is the receive (what there units would transmit to, no need to listen to this).

They also have 495.400 registered to them at the same site, again that is the repeaters transmit.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

yorky wrote:Cheers, 491.225 is the transmit (that you would listen to), and 496.425 is the receive (what there units would transmit to, no need to listen to this).

They also have 495.400 registered to them at the same site, again that is the repeaters transmit.
From memory of which is encrypted or scrambled. When I used to work there, I had my trusty Uniden 92XLT - although I could pick up and hear - I couldn't hear it without some sort of voice distortion/scramble.....

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
bakerboy

Post by bakerboy »

yorky wrote:Cheers, 491.225 is the transmit (that you would listen to), and 496.425 is the receive (what there units would transmit to, no need to listen to this).

ok cheers mate, i couldnt find them on the amca site last night and only on the old uniden site so i wasnt sure if they were still running

gk, voice scrambling you say? thats a whole different ball game, bugger :(

cheers though guys