Digital scanning

General questions on scanning from 30 to 3000Mhz. Not sure what you can receive in your area? Here's the place to ask!

Moderator: yorky

Always RX

Digital scanning

Post by Always RX »

I have been pondering the purchase of a new scanner and I was hoping some of our members that already own digital scanners could give us some idea of the types of transmissions you are receiving on the digital frequencies. If you could list what you are hearing and post here it would be appreciated. Any opinions on the worth of having digital capable scanner in Perth would also be welcomed. Cheers.
Fitzyyy
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden Bearcat ubcd396xt

Re: Digital scanning

Post by Fitzyyy »

I would not think it would worth going digital. Depends on what you want to listen to really. You should look for a scanner with a trunk tracker in my opinion
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Gday Fitzy ...I was hoping to get feedback from users that actually own and use a digital scanner in Perth, but I guess my question answered itself :lol: . I think you are probably right though, a trunk tracking unit is looking like the way to go for me. Cheers
richard omeara

Post by richard omeara »

Ive got a UBCD996t.I can pick up RSPCA,cat buses,swiming pools,local council.Not sure it is because i have a digital scanner with trunking.Never owned a non digital trunking scanner.