Speedway frequencies!!!!!!

General questions on scanning from 30 to 3000Mhz. Not sure what you can receive in your area? Here's the place to ask!

Moderator: yorky

BFB LT1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Speedway frequencies!!!!!!

Post by BFB LT1 »

G'day guys Just woundering what frequencies the speedway officals use??
my family is into car racing (the speedway type) you know the one doing it side ways in the dirt style at the motorplex in kwinanna.
the drivers there use i one way communicator so the officals can talk to them ( the drivers) to tell them of there position at the re-start and what for.

it would be really handy to know the frequencies or any help form anyone on how to get them because we have got the national titles coming up over easter and i want to use my scanner to listen in if i can.

cheerz BFB LT1
Crippled
Lopoii
Banned

Re: Speedway frequencies!!!!!!

Post by Lopoii »

Hi! I heard from another site thaT it was real hard to find but I think it was 201.something. I will check later. Sorry.
BFB LT1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BFB LT1 »

G'day Guys Not many replies i take it no one knows much about the frequencies.
i did here from a mate it may br 450mhz to 470mhz could that be rite???
Crippled
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

It could be, but there's a lot of services in that frequency range...

If you can get your hands on a scanner that has something like the Uniden "Close Call" feature, or a frequency counter, then you may be able to find the frequencies in use...

I've tried doing a search to see what I could find, but there's nothing immediately obvious. I tried to find the ABN of the Motorplex and came up with two possibilities - "Kwinana Motorplex Pty Ltd" and "The Trustee for the Quarter Mile Trust". Neither of the ABNs for these two entities have anything registered to them in the ACMA database.

Doing a search for everything registered in postcode 6167 didn't reveal anything exciting, but searching postcode 6966 (for the PO Boxes) did. There's a client called "Ravenswood International Raceway" with the same PO Box address as the Motorplex. They have one licence issued, however it's not what you're looking for, it's for narrowcast broadcasting - my guess is it's for the commentary stuff. (LINK)

There's a good chance that they get their two-way radios from a communications company, rather than have their own - which is why nothing will be showing up for them in the ACMA database. I think the "close call" search while you're down there sometime is going to be your best shot.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
VK6ZUK

Post by VK6ZUK »

Hi Guys,

The radios at the motorplex are on permanent hire. Will get a hold of one this afternoon and see what frequencies are in it.
Regards

Danny - VK6ZUK (previously VK6FZUK)

Need comms or HAM gear? Give me a call!
Instra Industries Pty Ltd
Ph: 0414 553 244
Comint

Post by Comint »

Lopoii wrote:Hi! I heard from another site thaT it was real hard to find but I think it was 201.something. I will check later. Sorry.
196 to 202 MHz is the Video/Audio bandwidth of TV Channel 9, so I don't think it would be there.

~~~~~~~~~

The ACMA database shows a 5 Watt simplex frequency of 484.9750 MHz licenced to the Kwinana Motorplex Site.

--
Comint
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Down here they use UHF CB for comms at Speedway.