system on board the QV1 building

General questions on scanning from 30 to 3000Mhz. Not sure what you can receive in your area? Here's the place to ask!

Moderator: yorky

slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu FT-857 Yaesu FT7800 Icom ID800H

system on board the QV1 building

Post by slipknot »

most people who own a ubc93xlt or 92xlt scanner with the "rail road" scan function which is basicly a chain seach from 417 to about 419mhz.
you will come across conversations between people and at each over of a tx youl hear a packet transmition, including the unbeliveable amount of profanaties, worse then hells kitchen.

not sure what this is, not sure what trunking is but could it be that or does anyone know who this is, i looked on the acma regster and all i see is ACN 054 065 011 Pty Ltd (480999) .
Sinbin

Re: system on board the QV1 building

Post by Sinbin »

the australian business register has that ACN as : Australian Private Company
dont know who they are tho
lol
Bunbury VFRS
CP11 & LT300
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

slipknot wrote: you will come across conversations between people and at each over of a tx youl hear a packet transmition, including the unbeliveable amount of profanaties, worse then hells kitchen.
Up in those frequencies, If it's not rail then it's MPT trunking. The channels are dynamically allocated for each conversation so a small number of radio channels supports a much larger number of users. Lots of trucking companies up there... :)

I think the data burst is an ID packet for the radio that just transmitted.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by slipknot »

ahh thanks gav, that explains why theres so much swearing on it.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

slipknot wrote:ahh thanks gav, that explains why theres so much swearing on it.
I guess so :)

I don't know of a scanner that can track MPT trunking, but there's also MPT at around 165MHz. If you scan the band you'll eventually hit one or more control channels - a constant data channel. Plus or minus a few MHz on each side of that control channel should be dynamic conversation frequencies. Conversations usually stay on the same channel for the whole time so they're easy to listen in :)
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
numloxx
Amateur callsign: VK6PCB

Post by numloxx »

I just heard on 417mhz something about picking up the 583 crew.
Sounds like a transport company for flight crew. QF583 is due in a few minutes.
Also the ACMA website says a lot of the frequencies between 417 and 419 are Telstra Fleetcoms.
Is that like the motorola trunking system?
AVBFS
Scanners and Receivers: UBCT9

Post by AVBFS »

numloxx wrote:I just heard on 417mhz something about picking up the 583 crew.
Sounds like a transport company for flight crew. QF583 is due in a few minutes.
Also the ACMA website says a lot of the frequencies between 417 and 419 are Telstra Fleetcoms.
Is that like the motorola trunking system?
Hmmm..... motorola trunking what fun that is....and trunking is 5 -onwards repeaters controlled by a System controller(computer system) all reperters are linked to this. Each day(or what ever is programmed in the sys cont). a repeater is dedicated as a controller it sends out data burst to say "hey look im here and ur working and in range" each radio on the network has its own ID when they make a call the control Repeater recives this call and the system control then allocats a repeater for the conversation to take place on.if anouther call comes in then this procedure takes place again untill all repeaters are taken up then a busy tone will be givin by the sys control if u try to PTT. when all repeaters are taken.
:mrgreen:
Comint

Post by Comint »

slipknot wrote: not sure what this is, not sure what trunking is but could it be that or does anyone know who this is, i looked on the acma regster and all i see is ACN 054 065 011 Pty Ltd (480999) .
ACN 054 065 011 Pty Ltd (480999) is Biscom (WA), and they operate a number of UHF MPT1327 Trunked Radio Sites in WA.

And while there is currently no scanner that will TrunkTrack MPT1327, the sites can be monitored by using software such as TrunkView or UniTrunker, in conjunction with one of the supported PC controllable scanners. Normal earphone / speaker audio to the soundcard, is all that is required. A Discriminator Tap is NOT required.

You will need to supply some basic information to the programs - such as Base Frequency and Step - before they will trunk-track correctly. Going on the frequencies in use, the Base Frequency is probably 415.5625 MHz, with a Step of 12.5 KHz.

I would be interested to know what System ID (SysID or SYS) is used by each Site.

Be warned: Unitrunker is NOT for the beginner.

--
Comint
nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nra555 »

How do you determin the Base CH freq. and the Control CH freq.?
PRC-555
NRA-555

nra.org.au - join today to make UHF CB a more enjoyable band to use!
Comint

Post by Comint »

nra555 wrote: How do you determin the Base CH freq. and the Control CH freq.?
The Control Channel is easy, just locate the frequency with the continuous raucous noise on it.

As for determining the Base Freq, try here. Another website that may be of use is here, although I'm not sure all the links still work.

--
Comint
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by slipknot »

another question is is that how come if Fesa arnt allowed to use bad language then how come these people can on thier frequenciues?
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

slipknot wrote:another question is is that how come if Fesa arnt allowed to use bad language then how come these people can on thier frequenciues?
Errrrr ... I don't quite understand the question.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by slipknot »

Zebedee wrote:
slipknot wrote:another question is is that how come if Fesa arnt allowed to use bad language then how come these people can on thier frequenciues?
Errrrr ... I don't quite understand the question.
well..
In the state emergancy service we have been told never to use bad language on our freqnecies otherwise we will loose our radio licence, yet this company uses bad language. Im not sure if its a restriciton between what type of organiseation uses them or not but its strange :?
Nick
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Nick »

Basically it is illegal to use profanity/bad language on the radio but since ACMA had it's backbone removed, they dont have the manpower/time to pursue the matter. Hence the childrens band..........
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by slipknot »

Nick wrote:Basically it is illegal to use profanity/bad language on the radio but since ACMA had it's backbone removed, they dont have the manpower/time to pursue the matter. Hence the childrens band..........
heh, that explains everything.
Thanks Nick