General Scanning Karrinyup/Scarborough and Surrounds

General questions on scanning from 30 to 3000Mhz. Not sure what you can receive in your area? Here's the place to ask!

Moderator: yorky

Clontarf[X]

General Scanning Karrinyup/Scarborough and Surrounds

Post by Clontarf[X] »

Hi guys :)

I have been given by a friend of mine a Uniden Bearcat 120XLT to play with. So far I have had a little success listening to 6AR and a local council/security band. I was wondering if anybody knew of any other frequencies I could program in and skip through in the area?

Thanks!

(P.S learning how to program via search is a little confusing, but I am getting there!)
yorky

Re: General Scanning Karrinyup/Scarborough and Surrounds

Post by yorky »

6AR/6IP give 164.000 and 163.250 a go, usually much easier to pickup than 78.100 / 78.125.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Clontarf[X]

Post by Clontarf[X] »

Thanks yorky, getting some listening through on 164. I have also spent a few minutes programming in the WAPOL frequencies and found that some are still used for general enquiries, so it should be fun :) It's just a shame that in the process of doing this I wiped out the local council/security workers :(
Clontarf[X]

Post by Clontarf[X] »

Another question:

Anyone ever come across 440.2000? I'm not sure if posting transcripts is allowed but this is what I heard;

151.675 - Music (International)
151.775 - Music (Radio)

440.200 - (Paul - Radio Operator ???)
Driver? Control 1811. um sorry 1811 was it over. reporting underground with car 73 and 57 over.
Driver 1811 Metro Control over. Yeah driver <something>30, Control over.
Driver S30, Metro Control, Over. yes this is S30 coming over broken. Roger, craig comingback your way, hand cars over to him, only way back to mandurah is on bus, head down on bus and cross over at rockingham
Driver 1681 Metro Control, over. Metro Control 1681 receiving. Your S29 over? No S32 over. Able to go back north? Over. Yeah by bus over. Yeah detrain your passengers and move to siding over.

After listening a bit more it seems to be something to do with trains (drivers?) Talking about moving to sidings. A lot of chatter, sounds like a breakdown or something similar.

450.975 - Data
455.000 - Data
472.575 - Data

Taxi perhaps? ACMA lists interstate clients, nothing local #-o
robbage
Amateur callsign: VK6UFO_VK6RN
Scanners and Receivers:  
Scanners/receivers
Diamond Welz WS1000 wideband handheld
Radioshack Pro 28 handheld
Uniden UBC72XLT handheld
Uniden UBC73XLT handheld
Uniden UBC330CRS desktop

Two-way
Yaesu VX-3R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wideband RX handheld
Yaesu FT-1802M 2m Ham TRX mobile x 2
Yaesu FT-7800R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-208H 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-706MKIIG all-band all-mode Ham TRX mobile
Icom IC-V85 2m VHF Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-679P VHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-713 UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld

Post by robbage »

Clontarf[X] wrote:Anyone ever come across 440.2000?
Amateur band, middle of the repeater link frequencies. Possibly people using illegal radios or you're getting crosstalk from a close station or it's an image frequency. I get a lot of that on the same band using my old Realistic scanner.

The 151 MHz frequencies are community narrowband radio stations like Radio Lollipop, Thu Nguyen and Hellenic (all listed on the ACMA database)
Last edited by robbage on Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob
OF78WD
 Amateur moderator
Arguing with a fool proves there are two
Clontarf[X]

Post by Clontarf[X] »

robbage wrote:
Clontarf[X] wrote:Anyone ever come across 440.2000?
Amateur band, middle of the repeater link frequencies. Possibly people using illegal radios or you're getting crosstalk from a close station or it's an image frequency. I get a lot of that on the same band using my old Realistic scanner.

The 151 MHz frequencies are community narrowband radio stations like Radio Lollipop, Thu Nguyen and Hellenic (all listed on the ACMA database)
Yeah I have gathered so far the 151 freqs are radio of some sort. 440.2000 definitely sounds like southern rail , pta? (coming through with a bit of interference, no crosstalk).

*shrug*