Helicopter Frequencies

General questions on scanning from 30 to 3000Mhz. Not sure what you can receive in your area? Here's the place to ask!

Moderator: yorky

IanK

Helicopter Frequencies

Post by IanK »

Hi all

I would very much appreciate it if somebody could provide me with the the frequencies used by the emergency services helicopters.

Thanks for a great Forum
JPhillips

Post by JPhillips »

All helicopters will be heard on local airport/radar frequencies and the police one will also be heard on the police channels that they are flying in. Best bet is to listen to Jandokot tower for them. Fire fighting helicopters are generally in the 90's of the fire frequencies and also perth airport frequences.
Joshua
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

polair 61 uses the channel to the area their in , eg joondalup , canning cale ect.
IanK

Post by IanK »

Thanks for the replies.

Sorry to be a little behind the door but I am fairly new to scanning so can you advise on what is in the 90's, is it 90 Mhz to 100 Mhz. Also what is the frequency of polair 61

Thanks
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

i think he means their channel 90 to channel 100 , and polair will use the channel of the district/area their in , eg if their in joondalup , they will use channel 50, the same channel that the regular police cars use to talk to VKI
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

Welcome to the forum; :)
IanK wrote:Thanks for the replies.

Also what is the frequency of polair 61

Thanks
Polair to Jandakot is 131.6

Polair to ground police is whatever channel it is operating over.
as seen in other threads. WAPOL are going digital so you will be unable to receive transmitions
IanK wrote:Sorry to be a little behind the door but I am fairly new to scanning so can you advise on what is in the 90's, is it 90 Mhz to 100 Mhz
Nothing other then "normal" radio

If you want help in receiving transitions, it may help if you say what scanner you have or are planning of getting.
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
IanK

Post by IanK »

spartacus wrote:
If you want help in receiving transitions, it may help if you say what scanner you have or are planning of getting.
Thanks for all the help :D

I have a Icom IC-R5, which is great provided the instructions are always close at hand and you programme it via your PC.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Air to Air Fireground Frequency is 123.65Mhz This is used by the Helitacs, Fixed Wing Bombers, Air Intel and Media Helicopters for separation and situational awareness when overhead an incident.
In my listening experience Air to ground tactical comms are typically Fesa channels 22 (78.3125) 23 (78.3250) and 50 (77.2000)
IanK

Post by IanK »

Great info :D

I will plug in the recommended frequencies into my scanner and see how we go
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

I forgot to mention that if you are looking to listen to aviation communications in particular...check out this site http://www.perthatc.spdesigns.net/ . It has a listen live link for an internet connected scanner in the Perth area. It also has a list of the frequencies used in the Perth area for you to enter in your own scanner.
IanK

Re: Helicopter Frequencies

Post by IanK »

Hi all

Bit of an old subject this one but I am still having difficulties finding the actual frequencies (not channel numbers) used by the following

RAC rescue 65
Channel 7 news

Any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Ian
richard omeara

Re: Helicopter Frequencies

Post by richard omeara »

Rescue 65 can be heard on the FESA frequancy(78.050/78.350/164.00)Or if there landing at RPH (462.900).
Ch7 heli (158.800/463.025/453.525)
Hope this helps :D