Did you see that?

General questions on scanning from 30 to 3000Mhz. Not sure what you can receive in your area? Here's the place to ask!

Moderator: yorky

meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Did you see that?

Post by meg »

I was just driving home and saw the sky light up and strobe at me - according to phone ins on the radio, a huge meteor (or something) landed in the southwest.

Did anyone see it or hear anything on their scanners about it? I assume police/fire/someone will be going to investigate it?
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

yeah heard a few units call it in on Ch8 to warn VKI. Didnt see it myself :(
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

I was driving north at the time and didn't see it either, just the sky lighting up :( It must have been huge.

I was really tripped out by it, was relieved to hear people call up about it on the radio to know it wasn't me going crazy!
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

I was driving north along Beechboro Road alongside Whiteman Park earlier tonight and I saw the light show as well - silly me, I just assumed it was lightning and didn't pay it any more attention :)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.