Frequency question....

General questions on scanning from 30 to 3000Mhz. Not sure what you can receive in your area? Here's the place to ask!

Moderator: yorky

gilesh

Frequency question....

Post by gilesh »

Hi Guys
I am new to the scanner business, sounds like fun :) . Today I bought my first scanner (Uniden UBC73XLT).
I can’t find a way to enter frequencies directly into the radio. The only way to enter a frequency is to first enter the frequency into the scanners channel bank.
Is there a way on most radio scanners to directly enter a frequency (say Perth Tower 120.500) with out having to enter the frequency into a channel bank?
I have a Uniden UBC73XLT scanner.
Thanks for you help.
Giles.
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

I've got the UBC92XLT and I've googled the exact same question.
What I have done is just kept one bank empty and when I want to listen to just one frequency, just program it in to that bank.
However, there must be a way to program it in directly.
Anyone?
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

spartacus wrote: What I have done is just kept one bank empty and when I want to listen to just one frequency, just program it in to that bank.
You have to do that with most scanners.

Some of the higher-end models support "VFO" mode, where you can just tune directly to a frequency without putting it into a memory first.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Lino

Post by Lino »

The Alinco,Aor,Icom,Yaesu have what they call a vfo and you can enter a frequency or 2 and it does not go on the memory channels some have an VFO A/B which comes in handy because you can search a band from the vfo.

Regards Lino.
Last edited by Lino on Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jared
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Jared »

I have the same scanner, Im not too sure what your trying to achieve but the instruction manual does cover everthing that you can posibly do
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

spartacus wrote:I've got the UBC92XLT and I've googled the exact same question.
What I have done is just kept one bank empty and when I want to listen to just one frequency, just program it in to that bank.
However, there must be a way to program it in directly.
Anyone?
I have the exact same model here mate - not making much sense are you...

From what I understand, if you want a specific Frequency to receive - then all you do is program it in the "Position One" of each banks.

So for example if Bank 6 is all free - then program I think Channel 60 or 61 - One of those two is the PRI (short for Priority Channel) which will over ride all other channels and will be able to receive things from that Frequency.

I can show you how it's done, when I see you next - at the usual place.