Uniden UBC72XLT

General questions on scanning from 30 to 3000Mhz. Not sure what you can receive in your area? Here's the place to ask!

Moderator: yorky

Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Uniden UBC72XLT

Post by Schism_ »

Hi all, I am wondering if anyone here knows how to program the above scanner as I am having some trouble with it, I know there is instructions online but they don't help. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. Also, does anyone know the frequency the Police in Kununurra, W.A use?

Cheers.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Gday mate , Im pretty sure the key layout is the same as my 92xlt. Im not totally sure though. If it is it goes like this. Hit the function key once , then hit the program button once , then enter the frequency u want on the number keys and then hit the program button again and your good to go. I hope that helps. Police in Kununnurra is channel 15- 468.200mhz also try channel 1- 467.850mhz and maybe even these frequencies 414.175mhz and 413.800mhz. Cheers.
yorky

Post by yorky »

If its like my 92XLT hit function, pgm and i think you have to be on the channel# and type the freq in and enter.

^ yeah basically what he said.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Im guessing these are the instructions you have already looked at , but just in case u or any other interested members havent seen it, this link is a copy of the instruction booklet that comes with that scanner.
http://www.uniden.com.au/RESOURCES_MAIN ... or_web.pdf
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Thanks heaps guys, I entered all those, but still only hear static. Should I have Close Call on?
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Not unless you live next door to the police station. I find close call is really only effective over 50-100m max. Keep the squelch turned up to try and stop the scanner receiving low power broadcasts , or in other words those broadcasts that the scanner can only just receive but arent really useful. If you are just using the antenna that came with the scanner you may need to look at upgrading that , although if you are in the town itself you should be able to receive channel 15 without problem. Be aware that channel 1 is coming out of Argyle so u may or may not find that useful. If you are indoors , say under a tin roof , try going outside with it for a while. That said it may just be a quiet night in the nurra! , some country towns police make broadcasts fairly infrequently and or use HF radios which of course u wont receive.. Have you tried the ACMA database for local frequencies? If u want any info on this let me know and I`ll post links for ya. Good luck with that.
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Thanks heaps Always RX, you're a champ. I took a quick drive past the police station before, and noticed that no cars are out on the streets, so perhaps that is why I am getting nothing. :P