Coolgardie

General questions on scanning from 30 to 3000Mhz. Not sure what you can receive in your area? Here's the place to ask!

Moderator: yorky

silk200611

Coolgardie

Post by silk200611 »

im plaining a trip too Coolgardie

can any one help me please with some freq's

eg.. Police, trains (prospector), FESA, and any other good listeners.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Try FESA channel 99 (76.550MHz) and WAPOL channel 22 (468.375MHz)

By the way, most of the info you need is in the forums - you just need to look. :)
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

Channel 99???

This is a simplex Fireground Channel. Or is this the channel used to access the 'special' country features?
silk200611

Post by silk200611 »

thanks heaps..

im still after the prospector freq.

thanks
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

kylep wrote:Channel 99???

This is a simplex Fireground Channel. Or is this the channel used to access the 'special' country features?
Most country VF&RS fire stations use it - specifically those that who don't have access to 6AR. Northam and Wundowie are some country brigades that have access to 6AR via channels 24. Other brigades may use 24 or 25 to get access. My brigade uses 99 or the local BFS repeater for our comms. To get 6AR we have to use 99 (our CCS is on this channel) and use the DTMF features of the radio or use our CDMA mobile phone. A previous brigade in which I served is in the same boat - 99 for comms.
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

silk200611 wrote:thanks heaps..

im still after the prospector freq.

thanks
Prospector will use the Westnet Control frequency (I think that is Central or Merredin control in that area). The frequencies I have listed are 418.7 Jaurdi, 418.725 Darrine and Bonnie Vale, 418.75 Stewart and Kooly, 418.775 Wallaroo, Southern Cross, Merredin, 418.725 Kalgoorlie
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

WPXZBP wrote:Most country VF&RS fire stations use it - specifically those that who don't have access to 6AR. Northam and Wundowie are some country brigades that have access to 6AR via channels 24. Other brigades may use 24 or 25 to get access. My brigade uses 99 or the local BFS repeater for our comms. To get 6AR we have to use 99 (our CCS is on this channel) and use the DTMF features of the radio or use our CDMA mobile phone. A previous brigade in which I served is in the same boat - 99 for comms.
CCS and DTMF is what I was trying to think of. I know of some funny things that people have done when going through country towns with their radio. Wundowie and Northam do have access to 6IP, using ch 80/30. The repeater site is on the hill near on the way into town, can't remember what it's called now. Wundowie actually probably use ch 58, located in Worroloo. When I had a radio, I had good quality reception from Perth right out to Northam, using only 2 or 3 channels. Not sure how good a transmission would be though.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

kylep wrote:
WPXZBP wrote:Most country VF&RS fire stations use it - specifically those that who don't have access to 6AR. Northam and Wundowie are some country brigades that have access to 6AR via channels 24. Other brigades may use 24 or 25 to get access. My brigade uses 99 or the local BFS repeater for our comms. To get 6AR we have to use 99 (our CCS is on this channel) and use the DTMF features of the radio or use our CDMA mobile phone. A previous brigade in which I served is in the same boat - 99 for comms.
CCS and DTMF is what I was trying to think of. I know of some funny things that people have done when going through country towns with their radio. Wundowie and Northam do have access to 6IP, using ch 80/30. The repeater site is on the hill near on the way into town, can't remember what it's called now. Wundowie actually probably use ch 58, located in Worroloo. When I had a radio, I had good quality reception from Perth right out to Northam, using only 2 or 3 channels. Not sure how good a transmission would be though.
From my information:
Northam - channel 54 (Fox's Farm), channel 24 (Bobakine Hill)
Wundowie - channel 58 (Wooroloo)