Broadcastify scanner

General questions on scanning from 30 to 3000Mhz. Not sure what you can receive in your area? Here's the place to ask!

Moderator: yorky

Jen
Scanners and Receivers: I'm stuck ! Don't know which one to buy. Would like to buy a portable one !

Broadcastify scanner

Post by Jen »

Hello everyone ! I'm a newby and I have a few questions....I was just wondering if someone can transmit their feed through Broadcastify who actually is in the Southwest !! Broadcastify says Southwest but its only Perth. Also, would someone be able to transmit through Broadcastify only the helitaks instead of everyone talking on top of one another on the transmission? Oh, and one last thing, :) , if I bought the portable uniden ez130xlt could I hear the Helitaks? Looking forward to all of your replies. Thanks, Jen.
yorky

Re: Broadcastify scanner

Post by yorky »

Hi Jen, Perth is the southwest of WA!

To provide the streams takes multiple radios and associated costs and bandwidth. To save there needs to be multiple frequencies on a stream, and one of them you simply need to change between left and right speakers in your player as they are split.

It also depends on location. Our streams come from one location, the southwest is massive and would mean many more people setting up streams.

Yes that scanner can receive them.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Jen
Scanners and Receivers: I'm stuck ! Don't know which one to buy. Would like to buy a portable one !

Re: Broadcastify scanner

Post by Jen »

Hi Yorky,
Ok, thanks for the explanation and thanks for your reply. :)