original programming UBCD396XT

General questions on scanning from 30 to 3000Mhz. Not sure what you can receive in your area? Here's the place to ask!

Moderator: yorky

AustDaveWA
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBCD396XT
Tait T2020
Motorola XTS5000, GP328
Baofeng GT-3
UBC92XLT
UBC245XLT
Kyodo KG208

original programming UBCD396XT

Post by AustDaveWA »

Hi All,
I lost my cool (yes I got angry) with my scanner. I was blaming the scanner for not talking to the computer. I should of been blaming the USB-Serial adapter (cheap ebay one). Anyways in my moment of anger I deleted all the original programming for all the states that come with the scanner when you buy it. Does anyone out there have the original programming for the 396XT...
if you need to ask, then you don't need to know
yorky

Re: original programming UBCD396XT

Post by yorky »

The original program is pretty much useless. Did you actually use it for anything? I've got the 396T defauts and you could pester numloxx I think he has the 396XT.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
AustDaveWA
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBCD396XT
Tait T2020
Motorola XTS5000, GP328
Baofeng GT-3
UBC92XLT
UBC245XLT
Kyodo KG208

Re: original programming UBCD396XT

Post by AustDaveWA »

Thanks Yorky,

I decided to do something really stupid just now, using freescan I backed up my programming, then holding 2 9 HOLD and switching on the scanner the first thing it did was clear the memory, then it asked me "Restore Original Programming YES (E) NO (.) so I said YES, guess what, I got the original programming back. It must be stored on a ROM in the scanner
if you need to ask, then you don't need to know