Surf life saving going encrypted!

General questions on scanning from 30 to 3000Mhz. Not sure what you can receive in your area? Here's the place to ask!

Moderator: yorky

haha

Surf life saving going encrypted!

Post by haha »

Hi all I hear that surf life saving including the Surflife saving helicopter that spots sharks is going encrypted. can anyone else confirm this?
yorky

Re: Surf life saving going encrypted!

Post by yorky »

Considering there was a media release about it, yes.

One of the reports: http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/milli ... 185ko.html
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
haha

Post by haha »

I'm a surf lifesaver my self so I'm glad we are getting some privacy. The media keep listening in to our radios and using this to "over report" about sharks and scaring the public too much, and forcing the premier to implement shark culls, so hopefully this should help put a stop to or at least slow down Channel 7s stupid efforts.

The the other day they made a fake report about a shark sighting at the beach. They made a huge fuss over a shark being 1 kilometre off shore which is considered safe as opposed to the limit of 200 meters.

Plus there are these stupid companies who are trying to make shark alert services on the internet and on iphone apps so that they can make themselvfs popular. I'm pretty sure they listen in as well, not that its really any of their business.
allycat
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden 536HP DMR,NXDN Uniden USDS100 DMR,NXDN Codan NGT

Post by allycat »

Report says its going digital.Doesn't say anything about encryption.
haha

Post by haha »

I can confirm actuly, at a meeting the otherday I was told that we are getting encrypted radios.