Uniden 536HP driving me crazy

General questions on scanning from 30 to 3000Mhz. Not sure what you can receive in your area? Here's the place to ask!

Moderator: yorky

w5nnv
Amateur callsign: W5NNV
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden 536 BCD 536HP
Radio Shack Pro 96

Uniden 536HP driving me crazy

Post by w5nnv »

:( I have brand new Uniden BCD536HP scanner. In general, it is impressive unit and does work well: I can listen to all sorts of trunked systems here in the state of Minnesota. However, no matter what I try, I am unable to create a New Favorite list.

Another problem is that I cannot save anything (e.g. a TGID) as a channel in the "Quick Save" list. When I try this, I always get a message that says "system full". I have tried total resets, etc. No luck. Nowhere in the user's manual does it say anything about how to clean out the "Quick Save Department".

The user's manual is totally unhelpful. Internet also no help so far.
Anybody have any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks !
Bonez

Re: Uniden 536HP driving me crazy

Post by Bonez »

Hi, welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure that we're going to be of much help here, as this forum is based in Western Australia and the model scanner you have quoted doesn't seem to be sold in Australia. I may be wrong, but a quick Google didn't turn up any local results. The WA does not mean Washington unfortunately :)

I'm sure someone will chime in if they can help, if not, good luck on getting the scanner working. It looks like a pretty awesome unit!
rustynswrail

Post by rustynswrail »

w5nnv wrote: :( I have brand new Uniden BCD536HP scanner. In general, it is impressive unit and does work well: I can listen to all sorts of trunked systems here in the state of Minnesota. However, no matter what I try, I am unable to create a New Favorite list.

Another problem is that I cannot save anything (e.g. a TGID) as a channel in the "Quick Save" list. When I try this, I always get a message that says "system full". I have tried total resets, etc. No luck. Nowhere in the user's manual does it say anything about how to clean out the "Quick Save Department".

You may not be aware this is a site that is 'Providing a voice for responsible scanner users in Western Australia' not WAshington state.

Try Radio Reference.

R
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

w5nnv wrote: :( I have brand new Uniden BCD536HP scanner. In general, it is impressive unit and does work well: I can listen to all sorts of trunked systems here in the state of Minnesota. However, no matter what I try, I am unable to create a New Favorite list.

G'day and welcome to the forums.

I agree with Bonez above, that's a very impressive scanner, its feature set is damn good.

According to the US Uniden website that model of scanner is new so I'm guessing there's not too many of them out there in the wild yet. Probably why you can't find much on Google.

I've had a look at the user manual and (while not having the device in front of me) it looks fairly straightforward. But your experiences suggest otherwise so I'm going to guess that it's not quite as simple as the manual would lead you to believe.

It did say: "Note: You have to enter a TGID/frequency in the proper format for the system you are holding on. Example: You can’t enter a Motorola Type II TGID when holding on an LTR system." - don't know if that's relevant or not. Is there perhaps a mismatch with what you're trying to save? Just an out-there kind of question. Maybe it's objecting to some setting you've got turned on or off.

Is there any kind of programming software (either by Uniden or a third party product) that you might be able to use to program the TGIDs?

Hope you get it sorted out, looks like it'll be worth it in the end!

73 de Doug VK6DB
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.