New online WAIX only Perth scanner.

General questions on scanning from 30 to 3000Mhz. Not sure what you can receive in your area? Here's the place to ask!

Moderator: yorky

Bonez

New online WAIX only Perth scanner.

Post by Bonez »

Hi guys,

With the recent disappearance of scanner.waix.net, i'm currently in the process of gathering some information & equipment to set up another online Perth scanner.

I'm currently in negotiations with a friend who has a WAIX colo box which will be used to provide the relay streaming.

If it all goes ahead, it will work something like this:

1. Scanner is located at my house, in Greenwood, Northern suburbs of Perth.
2. It will be connected to an external scanner antenna on a mobile mag base (to start with, anyway :-)
3. It will be connected to a Linux machine that is running 24/7 with UPS power backup
4. It will stream from my house to the WAIX colo via a 4000/864 DSL connection.

The scanner will be available online to WAIX users only. I'm also hoping to have a "Broadband" and "Dialup" stream - those of you on broadband will get a nice clear quality signal, and those on dialup with not quite as much bandwidth will be able to listen without spending your lives buffering the stream :)

This thread has been created for feedback, updates, and once operational, frequency requests etc.

It's hoped that the scanner will be available 24/7 as it will be connected to a dedicated server.

Cheers
Bonez
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Awsome job mate - 8) Thumbs up on this one - Looking forward to using it...let us know...

G
yorky

Post by yorky »

I'll be interested in this for sure, I'm right next door in Kingsley :D So I can listen to this more often :)
Froggles

Post by Froggles »

*Double Thumbs Up*

I'll also be very interseted in this, ive missed the old waix scanner so much :)

Here's hoping you can get it all set up and running ^^

Take Care,
Froggles.