Hi All - New to Boards and Scanners - PLEASE HELP....

General questions on scanning from 30 to 3000Mhz. Not sure what you can receive in your area? Here's the place to ask!

Moderator: yorky

jamieneathuk

Hi All - New to Boards and Scanners - PLEASE HELP....

Post by jamieneathuk »

I know that everyones cercumstances are different, but I am new to all this scanning. I would like to buy a scanner to listen to my local (I live in Neath, South Wales) fire brigade, ambulance service, Air, CB , taxi's and shopshare? shemes. I haven't got a lot of money to buy one. Would anyone be kind enough as to recommend some please? (and where to purchase them from) I would like to start with an ' Home base scanner', What kind of antenna would you recommend too please. 'I live in an urban area, with quite a lot of mountains around me). I would like to have a scanner with AM, FM, NFM and WFM (if possible) and side bands? (what are side bands? - I have just heard that someone has then).

Sorry for ranting on! I'd appreciate ALL advice, please could explain you explain it to me in 'amature style?' Thank you.

P.s I was on the CB years ago, (I'd love to return to that and all, one day - Wife permitting Lol). But i have forgotten all the lingo for that too. :-(
jamieneathuk

Post by jamieneathuk »

Sorry, I have posted on the the WA boards - I meant to post on the UK boards.
scanvictoria

Post by scanvictoria »

No problems,
Good luck :wink: