I've got my Digital scanner.. now what?

General questions on scanning from 30 to 3000Mhz. Not sure what you can receive in your area? Here's the place to ask!

Moderator: yorky

numloxx
Amateur callsign: VK6PCB

I've got my Digital scanner.. now what?

Post by numloxx »

What is there to listen to, and what freqs are required to enter it into my new scanner? Its a Uniden UBCD396XT if you're curious.

I've got My regular Airband stuff, and the Perth Airport and Central Park trunks entered, but is there anything digital I can listen to?
Fitzyyy
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden Bearcat ubcd396xt

Re: I've got my Digital scanner.. now what?

Post by Fitzyyy »

Great choice of scanner :D 500.825 and 500.050 are the only unencrypted P25 systems I know of at the moment
numloxx
Amateur callsign: VK6PCB

Post by numloxx »

Thanks, I've got them entered, would the site type be P25 Standard or P25 One Freq Trunk?
Fitzyyy

Post by Fitzyyy »

I just program them into a conventional system and they work fine (I believe both frequencies are simulcast so only 1 is needed)

Also if you do a control channel search in the 500MHz region you'll find encrypted WA Police, at the 485MHz area is encrypted Federal police and at the 412MHz area is St Johns where theres roumoured to be very very limited P25 transmissions (I've never heard a P25 transmission on there). I've also not heard anything on the 200/300 MHz bands besides TV transmissions. Hopefully in the near future there will new stuff to listen to on the P25 network but until then we are stuck with Motorola trunking and conventional systems
yorky

Post by yorky »

Fitzyyy wrote:412MHz area is St Johns where theres roumoured to be very very limited P25 transmissions (I've never heard a P25 transmission on there).
But is St Johns encrypted?
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Fitzyyy

Post by Fitzyyy »

yorky wrote:
Fitzyyy wrote:412MHz area is St Johns where theres roumoured to be very very limited P25 transmissions (I've never heard a P25 transmission on there).
But is St Johns encrypted?
Yeah it is, all I've heard on there is encrypted garble but apparently there are P25 transmissions which are very very limited (reported by another member)