Programming P25 digital

General questions on scanning from 30 to 3000Mhz. Not sure what you can receive in your area? Here's the place to ask!

Moderator: yorky

Fitzyyy
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden Bearcat ubcd396xt

Programming P25 digital

Post by Fitzyyy »

I've been playing around with my new ubcd396xt and stumbled across the Perth airport fire tender (air services Australia) which operate on 500.050 and 500.825. I found out that they don't use a control ch so I programmed them into a P25 single freq system. I put both freqs into seperate sites and find 2 TGIDs 32 and 65535. I realise that the tower and fire tenders don't work off the same talk group (ie: the tower only operates on 65535 and tenders on 32). I was wondering if I have programmed them incorrectly because I have to flick through the talk groups to pick up a conversation. I am new to digital scanning and any help would be appreciated.
Fitzyyy

Re: Programming P25 digital

Post by Fitzyyy »

Ok so I seem to have it working good for now. Here is a link to a video I took of a fire drill taking place at Perth Airport (scanner audio) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JNtK7EKxGM
allycat
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden 536HP DMR,NXDN Uniden USDS100 DMR,NXDN Codan NGT

Post by allycat »

Great vid Fitzy.Could u tell me what NAC A5A is.Mine comes up P-25.Thanks
Fitzyyy

Post by Fitzyyy »

allycat wrote:Great vid Fitzy.Could u tell me what NAC A5A is.Mine comes up P-25.Thanks
Cheers
NAC I belive is the Network Access Code for P-25, its sort of like a ctcss/dcs code for analogue systems. I programed these frequencies into a conventional system instead of a P-25 system so I think thats where the difference is.
Fitzyyy

Post by Fitzyyy »

To search/set the NAC code go to the channel options and select "set audio type" then select "digital only" and that will take you to the P25 NAC Option. There is no real difference in enabling the NAC options, it's just like entering a ctcss/dcs code.
Comint

Post by Comint »

Fitzyyy wrote: . . . they don't use a control ch so I programmed them into a P25 single freq system.
The Airport Rescue and Fire Fighting Service operates on conventional repeaters with P25 digital voice - hence NO Control Channel.

Only Trunked Radio Systems have Control Channels, or Talkgroups.

--
Comint
Fitzyyy

Post by Fitzyyy »

Comint wrote:
Fitzyyy wrote: . . . they don't use a control ch so I programmed them into a P25 single freq system.
The Airport Rescue and Fire Fighting Service operates on conventional repeaters with P25 digital voice - hence NO Control Channel.

Only Trunked Radio Systems have Control Channels, or Talkgroups.

--
Comint
Yeah I figured :lol: but thanks for clarifying
numloxx
Amateur callsign: VK6PCB

Post by numloxx »

I've also got the 396XT so I will give these a go. I'm new to digital scanning and still have not been able to listen to anything digital yet.

@Comint, thanks for the info on the other forum. Glad somebody was helpful unlike another person there.