RAAF Caribou over Bunbury

General questions on scanning from 30 to 3000Mhz. Not sure what you can receive in your area? Here's the place to ask!

Moderator: yorky

Domestos

RAAF Caribou over Bunbury

Post by Domestos »

Hi all,
spoytted it over Big W on thursday around 10:30 AM, head it calling Bunbury airport using the call Wombat, it's been spotted again over the last few days, anyonbe know what may have bought it here ?

John
ICQ NUMBER 284739081
gkoutlis

Re: RAAF Caribou over Bunbury

Post by gkoutlis »

Domestos wrote:Hi all,
spoytted it over Big W on thursday around 10:30 AM, head it calling Bunbury airport using the call Wombat, it's been spotted again over the last few days, anyonbe know what may have bought it here ?

John
Red Bull Air Race
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Domestos

Post by Domestos »

From the Bunbury Herald/Tuesday November 19

Three Caribou flew into Bunbury, two were flown from the ADF base in Brisbane as part of a two week publicity and recruitment tour through regional WA.

Display pilot Bradley Close used one of the planes to perform an air demo at the Red Bull air race on Sunday.

The third plane , which arrive dfrom Townsville was used for Army tasking purposes and landed in Bunbury to drop off ADF crew who were participating in nine days of training ( at the St John of God Hospital )
ICQ NUMBER 284739081