Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Re: Train Lines - Disruptions - 2011

Post by Zebedee »

hold3n wrote:
Zebedee wrote:
hold3n wrote:im not hear to argue but wouldn't they see the opposite gate go down with lights and bell
Oh I'm sure they would, but if the gates are up when they drive into the hatched zone, and the bells, lights and boom gates come down once the driver's already there, that's when it gets a bit exciting ;)
would they be able to see the opposite gate going down/ lights flashing or wouldn't they have enough time to react
I don't think you quite get the scenario...

Let's say the gates are up, no train is coming. Cars are driving through the intersection and the traffic lights turn amber and then red.

At the red light, there's room for say 2 cars to fit in the gap between the traffic lights and the cross-hatched keep out zone for the railway crossing.

However, three cars end up in that area - two in the "safe" zone and one with its back end hanging into the "unsafe" zone.

While they're waiting for the lights to change back to green, all of a sudden the boom gates start lowering, the bells start ringing and the red lights start flashing. There's nowhere for this third driver to go - he can't go backwards, because that's taking him further onto the tracks. He can't go forwards because there's cars stopped in front of him...
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Apparently from a friend, all trains on the Joondalup Line Canned. Unknown to 'why'
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

written_ficton wrote:Apparently from a friend, all trains on the Joondalup Line Canned. Unknown to 'why'
Code 7 Non Fatal
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Where abouts?
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

written_ficton wrote:Where abouts?
Not sure on location all I know is Delta 5 called a code 7 and wanted SJA to attend.
muzza333
Scanners and Receivers: uniden

Post by muzza333 »

Incident at Edgewater train station
muzza333
Scanners and Receivers: uniden

Post by muzza333 »

HL 101 wrote:
written_ficton wrote:Where abouts?
Not sure on location all I know is Delta 5 called a code 7 and wanted SJA to attend.
Incident was at Edgewater train station
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

doggie015

Post by doggie015 »

This is interesting... They are going to have clarkson trains operating from the above-ground station (Departing platform 7, arriving platform 9) and mandurah trains terminating at the esplanade from Boxing day to new year's eve. Why would they want to close perth underground at such a busy time of the year?
Fireguard

Post by Fireguard »

doggie015 wrote:This is interesting... They are going to have clarkson trains operating from the above-ground station (Departing platform 7, arriving platform 9) and mandurah trains terminating at the esplanade from Boxing day to new year's eve. Why would they want to close perth underground at such a busy time of the year?
It's actually one of the quietest times to have the closure - whist the majority of city workers are on holidays "i.e no morning and arvo peak" the trains are still running, so there is only going to be minimal disruption.
Fireguard

doggie015

Post by doggie015 »

Does anyone have any information on what has caused all trains on the Thornlie line to be cancelled? Because if I am reading things right the same thing seems to have caused signalling problems on all lines!
Fireguard

Post by Fireguard »

doggie015 wrote:Does anyone have any information on what has caused all trains on the Thornlie line to be cancelled? Because if I am reading things right the same thing seems to have caused signalling problems on all lines!
There was a points failure between beckingham and kenwick
Fireguard

HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

All Train Lines- Service disruption
Effective Friday 30 December at 7.00pm
Passengers are advised that train services on all train lines are cancelled until further notice due to a technical issue.

Transperth is working to rectify this disruption and apologises for any inconvenience caused.

For service information or to plan your journey, please call the Transperth InfoLine on 13 62 13 (TTY: 9428 1999, TIS: 13 14 50) or use JourneyPlanner.

Posted on Friday, 30 December
http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Service ... fault.aspx