Transit Guards - Bassendean

Rail, Bus and Ferry services

Moderator: Froggles

wascanner

Post by wascanner »

Tom wrote:Yep it is a new Rodeo, the alloytec engine models haven't been out that long.

It's a 1QBB plate also which aren't that old.

D5 or D6 used to have a bull-bar on the front, but neither of them appear to now.

If your a rail enthusiast what's the newest B class train in service?

rgds

Tom
The final B series EMU railcar set was delivered over a month ago
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

Last edited by GC101 on Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wascanner

Post by wascanner »

CHUBB Security Guards are still working for thev PTA manning stations with fare gates. go to Warwick or Whitfords or other stations on the Joondalup Line and you will see them.
madmikey

Post by madmikey »

hey dazla, got a question for ya...
some time ago... last year, my brother received an infringment reminder notice for an offence (not having a valid ticket) that he was some 1700km's away from when the apparent offence was commited.
He lives and works up on the mines and in a small town of 5000. When he rang them, the people that were on the other end where quite blunt and un-helpfull and gave a description of person that is nothing like him. He ended up going to court with a letter from the mine manager that stated he was onsite the time the offence occured.

Do the transit guards write down a description offenders???
Cos what is to stop me giving someone elses or a totaly fake name??? as i'm sure happens on many occasions, you are left with a great description of someone while the offender gets away free and cause heartache for some innocent person that they decide to go after.
I don't use public transport, but I would never do anything like this anyway.
Just curious how they deal with things like this.
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

Last edited by GC101 on Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AV201
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by AV201 »

madmikey wrote:hey dazla, got a question for ya...
some time ago... last year, my brother received an infringment reminder notice for an offence (not having a valid ticket) that he was some 1700km's away from when the apparent offence was commited.
He lives and works up on the mines and in a small town of 5000. When he rang them, the people that were on the other end where quite blunt and un-helpfull and gave a description of person that is nothing like him. He ended up going to court with a letter from the mine manager that stated he was onsite the time the offence occured.

Do the transit guards write down a description offenders???
Cos what is to stop me giving someone elses or a totaly fake name??? as i'm sure happens on many occasions, you are left with a great description of someone while the offender gets away free and cause heartache for some innocent person that they decide to go after.
I don't use public transport, but I would never do anything like this anyway.
Just curious how they deal with things like this.
unfortunetly this happens, mainly for juvies, as they are not legally required to carry ID with them. However if you are 18+ and you have a wallet, the transit guards will make sure that they get the right information. Apparently an attachment for a pocket pc (as the current one for use of a smartrider, to determine if you tagged on) which transit guards use will be equiped with a little fingerprint and database, were you put your thumb on the scanner, and it will get anything (records) etc.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

AV201 wrote: unfortunetly this happens, mainly for juvies, as they are not legally required to carry ID with them.
Adults are not legally required to carry ID on them either. Australia isn't a police state!
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

Last edited by GC101 on Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

GC101 wrote:would certainly be good if everyone had ID on them at all times esp if something bad happens to them so you can contact the family faster
Agreed, however it should always be a personal choice, not a legal requirement.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
cat1

stand up for your rights!

Post by cat1 »

so what happened?